Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O ring parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default O ring parts

Changed the oil today in the '39 and found little pieces of what I think is an O-ring. Small pieces on top of the filter and some in the old oil. The rubber is a dark green and still soft. Look closely and it appears the rubber (o-ring?) has been cut up. I do have good oil pressure. When installing the engine I changed from the 4 wheel drive pan to a pickup pan and oil pump pickup. Any idea where this came from?
Attached Thumbnails O ring parts-o-ring-parts-002.jpg  
Old 06-14-2016, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default O ring

Good news, bad news! The local parts store had a red O-ring in stock for a little over $3. Decided to pull the pan and look anyway because a $3 O-ring is much cheaper than an engine (quote me if you like!). The pickup tube had a nice new red O-ring on it which I put there when I changed pans (old age?). More good news is that the cross member is not in the way so taking off the pan is a breeze. Bad news is that now I have to put it all back together again AND I still don't know where the green rubber came from.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

I'm not sure what that is you found, but I will say that I'm pretty sure the colored oil pump o rings are only painted and are made out of black rubber.

Quick Reply: O ring parts