Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford A/C integration with LS engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ford A/C integration with LS engine swap

I have begun a trendy LS engine swap into a 1991 Mustang and need some technical assistance in regards to how I can integrate OEM Ford A/C components into such a swap. Several searches for similar information resulted in zero posts of major significance. I am seeking a detailed list of the parts I will need to make this work. In short, I would like to use the Ford interior controls and GM or Sanden compressor.

If anybody can steer me into the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need a detailed wiring diagram for the Mustang AC controls and a shop to make custom hoses and fittings between the sanden compressor and the Ford Condenser and evaporator. Ranshu Inc just made some custom AC lines for me. Perfect fit.
http://www.ranshu.com/
Old 06-18-2016, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The trick is to trace back to the low pressure cutout switch on top of the accumulator and look for 12 volts when the dash switch is on. After the cutout switch the circuit leads into the EEC harness (which I am assuming you are removing) and to the PCM, then out to the WOT relay and eventually the clutch coil.....which is no good to you. I would tie the lead AFTER the low pressure cutout switch to the AC request pin on the GM PCM, then wire in a relay to trigger the coil (don't forget the diode across the coil, you may be able to salvage this from the EEC harness, I believe it is separate....the plug is near the original ignition coil). As far as hard lines, any competent AC shop should be able to make you some.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my Monte Carlo AC, let me know if there is something you want a close up of.
Name:  022_zpseg7qgxbb.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  159.2 KB

Quick Reply: Ford A/C integration with LS engine swap