Confusion on if my swap will work without modification

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confusion on if my swap will work without modification

06 l96 6.0 vortec with lt1 t56 trans

Heres my problem.

My trans bolts to the engine fine. Im reading that in order for this to work i need to swap input shaft and bell housing to ls1. In that case my trans wouldnt bolt up the engine. Correct?

Ive mostly read that a lt1 trans wont work because of the ls pattern on my crank. (Short crank)

Im starting to think i dont have a lt1 trans cause it bolts up fine. Am i wrong here? Im pulling the trans to get ready to order a flywheel and clutch. What am i looking for to let me know i cannot use this trans without changing the input shaft and bellhousing? (Crank bolt pattern measurements, spline teeth count, shaft length, etc....
Old 06-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Launching!

The Lt1 t56 uses a clutch fork, external slave cylinder, and a pull style clutch, the input shaft is also too short. The ls1 t56 will use a internal slave cylinder, and a push type clutch with a longer input shaft. To use the lt1 t56 youll need to swap front plates, input shafts, and bellhousings. The lt1 bellhousing bolts up to the engine fine, but the spacing and clutch wont work.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Read up on this. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/ght...on-conversion/
Old 06-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Thankyou very much. Im out of the dark now lol. Didnt want to spend any money that wasnt needed.

Quick Reply: Confusion on if my swap will work without modification