Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using truck intake, and fpr?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using truck intake, and fpr?

I am swapping a aluminum block 5.3 from a rainier into an Volvo 240. I am running the truck intake, and the fuel rail for this engine is the return style. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just use the stock rail and fuel pressure regulator that is on the engine already? It seems like I can just connect the existing fuel lines, right to the rail, and be good.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's what I did with my swap origionally. Only changed it because I ended up with a FAST intake and rails. Worked perfectly. I used a pair of AN to quick connect adapters and I was set.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Do you remember what size fittings, or what i need to get to duplicate your setup?
Old 07-05-2016, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Truck intake

I used the truck intake but ran into a problem with fuel pressure. The fuel pressure regulator for my engine was rated at 50 PSI but the tune wanted 58 PSI therefore I had a lean condition. Finally went to a Corvette filter/regulator and capped the return. Problem solved. Think what it comes down to is what tune is in the ECU. Stock 5.3 is fine but if it's looking for 58 PSI then somehow you will have to up the pressure. As far as fuel line fittings go I went with stock GM nylon lines. Up side to this is a 25' coil of 3/8" line is about $32, down side is you will need the Dorman tool to put the line on the GM fittings ($80). Far right GM factory fittings with safety clips.
Attached Thumbnails Using truck intake, and fpr?-regulator-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: Using truck intake, and fpr?