Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6L80 brake switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6L80 brake switch

To control power used by lights, get dimmer switches. Too much light is not needed in the courtyard but it ought to not give a dark image also. Solar Lights as soon as installed are self effective.

We all know that the availability of solar driven lights is not new. It has been with us for fairly some time now. Now, for these people who want to have their personal solar patio lights as an option to electrical or gas powered patio lights, now is the time that you get 1 for yourself.

These are just some of the types of best solar flood lights accessible and every of them have fantastic advantages. These lights are powered by the energy from the sunlight which occurs to be free. This means that individuals and governments can illuminate various components of the lawn, house and street whilst costing absolutely nothing in energy. The only costs are purchasing the item, maintenance furthermore staffing in the situation of metropolis employees.

Again, with solar powered motion lights, 1 disadvantage can be the reality that they only remain on for as long as their saved photo voltaic electricity permits. In most instances, however, they should last throughout the evening if they are getting adequate solar energy throughout the day. You could operate into difficulty if they are positioned in a shady region or if you live in a cloudy climate. They will probably still function, but not as nicely. Snow can also block sunlight when it addresses any photovoltaic surface. But photo voltaic lights are often developed in this kind of a way as to allow snow slide off of them much more easily.

Wind-Chimes - There are some beautiful wind chimes on the marketplace, and you should be in a position to discover some that fit your fashion and budget. However, you could go one stage further and make your own. Study how they are produced, and get the kids to join in! Wind chimes are calming and very compatible with gardening, so position your chimes nicely.

Who Is The SunSwift Group? The website introduces the UNSW Photo voltaic Racing Team, a complete-scale, multi-disciplinary, pupil-led solar lights racing team. Volunteers from faculties all over the College of New South Wales offer their time and abilities to style, develop and race a condition-of-the-art solar-driven car. Funding is supplied by our generous donors and company sponsors, and of course by UNSW.

Most outside solar backyard lights use an LED mild that is much more efficient than an normal bulb, so can provide you with hours of lighting with only a few hours of charge.

Outdoor photo voltaic lighting is used in numerous various settings such as in gardens, back again patios, flag poles, road lights, airports, runways, parking tons and much more. When and where solar lighting is used is up to you. You can location this type of lighting anyplace you want. When you initial understand that photo voltaic lighting is something that you could use, the initial thing you will want to do is consider an appear at some of the different designs because it is all about creating issues match and bringing out the best of your deck. Including outside solar lighting to your house's deck or yard will surely be 1 of the most enjoyable encounters you will have when updating your home.

Last edited by BurtonBenson; 08-25-2016 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tied TCM 6 and ECM X9 together at the normally open side of my dual brake switch. The common side went to switched +12vdc off the run/crank relay. The other side of the dual brake switch was used for the car brake lights on my 1965 Buick Skylark. So when the brakes are applied 12vdc goes to pins 6 & 9.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

+12v when applied on the brake switch. The brake switch wire has to be on the same side as the brake lights.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Teching In

About the 6L80e brake signal...

We have TCM pin 6 and ECM X9 together, on the cold side of the brake switch, with the brake lights. We get +12v upon brake apply.
With the key-on, engine off, we observe the expected yes/no cycle in VCM scanner.
The problem we have is that the expected cycle does not occur once we start the engine.

Thoughts?

EDIT: WE have also found that the state is locked in whichever it is in at engine start. If no pedal apply, it will be frozen at NO, regardless of pedal position. If pedal is applied at startup, it will be frozen at YES.

Last edited by scottybaccus; 06-24-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-28-2021, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by scottybaccus
About the 6L80e brake signal...

We have TCM pin 6 and ECM X9 together, on the cold side of the brake switch, with the brake lights. We get +12v upon brake apply.
With the key-on, engine off, we observe the expected yes/no cycle in VCM scanner.
The problem we have is that the expected cycle does not occur once we start the engine.

Thoughts?

EDIT: WE have also found that the state is locked in whichever it is in at engine start. If no pedal apply, it will be frozen at NO, regardless of pedal position. If pedal is applied at startup, it will be frozen at YES.

I am bringing this back up from the dead.... I am trying to figure out this same exact issue you described. Did you ever figure out the fix for this?
Old 08-28-2021, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
I am bringing this back up from the dead.... I am trying to figure out this same exact issue you described. Did you ever figure out the fix for this?
He is a one post wonder, and hasn't been here since....
Old 08-31-2021, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma

Originally Posted by G Atsma

I noticed that before posting.. So I guess you can consider it a Back to the Top post. I was sort of hoping for someone else to chime in on this thread, rather than starting a new one. I've already seen numerous posts about this exact issue on multiple boards, but not a single resolve...

there seems to be some back feeding voltage coming from them TCM. No matter what I've tried, nothing will clear the codes. Even with KOEO, clearing the DTC's, the brake switch code immediately pops up, even though the scanner is showing the switch being applied on/off properly with the pedal. I back probed the voltage on the pins at 12v and 0v, as it should. Then as soon as the engine is started up, the scanner locks the brakes always on or always off, regardless of what the brake pedal does.

I think I'm going to try adding a relay to the circuit, in hopes that the internal diode stops the back feeding voltage. The other code that won't go away is the power relay sense circuit P0690. I've been reading up on the patches that LS1edit has for these E38 ECM's. And I think I might be getting closer to getting it resolved.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (08-31-2021)

Quick Reply: 6L80 brake switch