Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Swap/Build...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Swap/Build...

Heres an odd project I'm beginning. I have a 1978 Ford Tbird. Currently 302 blah blah blah. I have a buddy with a 5.3, 4l60 and a machine shop to build motor mounts etc. The engine is a good runner. I am going to have the heads worked and am considering other mods. After the engine is in and have the initial swap bugs worked out I plan to put a turbo or 2 on the engine. One of my questions is cam selection. I want a cam that's gonna best suite boost(eventually). Want it to run good N/A till that time. I also like the slight to mild lope sound. What cams will give me the sound, give me decent idle vacuum(headlight covers are vacuum operated) and work with boost down the road. Before everyone gets their panties in a bind....Also would like to know what stall converter would be recommended with a select cam and other upgrades that would be recommended.. I want to do this right and build the base engine to work with boost and be what I'm wanting without having to perform multiple rebuilds(unless it blows from high power lol). I am planning on using the ford radiator in the car? I am planning on running duel electric cooling fans with an universal duel fan control setup. Car has a 9" rear end so I'm gonna leave that alone for now. Will eventually get autometer gauges. Am hoping to keep the ford column shift to keep the inside and outside kinda sleeperish.. I have something with weird builds...this will be the first LS swap I have done..Any other advice would be appreciated...Thanks Everyone.
Attached Thumbnails LS Swap/Build...-20160819_170443.jpg  

Quick Reply: LS Swap/Build...