Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen V LT1 3D model

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen V LT1 3D model

Does anyone know where I might find a 3D model of the GEN V LT1 Engine?
Old 11-27-2016, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by LonghornSS
Does anyone know where I might find a 3D model of the GEN V LT1 Engine?
Are there any particular dimensions you are looking for? I have access to the complete engine model at work, but forwarding it out is not permissible unfortunately.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Are there any particular dimensions you are looking for? I have access to the complete engine model at work, but forwarding it out is not permissible unfortunately.
Toddoky, I am interested in the motor mount bolt locations. I am trying to get a good idea of the angle and spacing based off the Crank center line for my motor mounts in A PB Fab drop member.

Any idea on a release date for the pricing on the 302-20 and all the other LT Accessory drive adapter parts.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Toddoky, I am interested in the motor mount bolt locations. I am trying to get a good idea of the angle and spacing based off the Crank center line for my motor mounts in A PB Fab drop member.

Any idea on a release date for the pricing on the 302-20 and all the other LT Accessory drive adapter parts.
I can tell you that the mount bolt patterns are in the same basic fore/aft location as on the LS engine relative to the engine/trans mating plane. The spacing between the holes however is slightly greater and the bosses stand off from either side of the block 3/8" further than they do on the LS engine.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

I can tell you that the mount bolt patterns are in the same basic fore/aft location as on the LS engine relative to the engine/trans mating plane. The spacing between the holes however is slightly greater and the bosses stand off from either side of the block 3/8" further than they do on the LS engine.
Thanks for the info, by my measurements it looks like the front most holes are about 1/2 further forward on the LT but that really does not play into things too much. I have plates made up and bolted to my LT now, and I have an LS 3D model so I will use the 3/8 and lay it out on screen to see how it all looks. Thanks for the information. I am assuming the plates are at the same relative angle.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the info, by my measurements it looks like the front most holes are about 1/2 further forward on the LT but that really does not play into things too much. I have plates made up and bolted to my LT now, and I have an LS 3D model so I will use the 3/8 and lay it out on screen to see how it all looks. Thanks for the information. I am assuming the plates are at the same relative angle.
Yes, the planes across the mounting boss faces are at the same angle on both engines
Old 11-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, the planes across the mounting boss faces are at the same angle on both engines
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:07 AM
Staging Lane

So as near as I can measure the front bolt holes on the LT are 5.5" from the front of the block where as the LS are 5.75" Approximately

and the top of two holds are 1.25" down from the head mounting surface where the LS is 1.5" Approximately.

Bolt centers on the LT motor mount are
Top 2 holes front to back are 4.75" apart
Front 2 holes top to bottom are 3.609"
Old 11-28-2016, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Those dimensions seem close enough to represent what I've seen in the model. We validated the engine mount geometry disparity by bringing both engines into the same model and aligning them off of the crankshaft centerline and the bellhousing mating plane/threaded holes. I have no idea how that translates to other reference points.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

This is exactly why I was looking for an LT1 Model. was going to try and overlay the two blocks and see the differances.

I appreciate all your help on this. hoping to get the engine hung in the frame sometime this week.

I have added a 3/8 "plate" to my LS 3D model and located the mounting holes in that so now I will draw up a quick and dirt LT balancer and frame rails and I should be able to get a good idea of the mount locations from than.

Hoping I can check out the New Holley LT stuff in a couple weeks at PRI.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

This is exactly why I was looking for an LT1 Model. was going to try and overlay the two blocks and see the differances.

I appreciate all your help on this. hoping to get the engine hung in the frame sometime this week.

I have added a 3/8 "plate" to my LS 3D model and located the mounting holes in that so now I will draw up a quick and dirt LT balancer and frame rails and I should be able to get a good idea of the mount locations from than.

Hoping I can check out the New Holley LT stuff in a couple weeks at PRI.
You might get lucky and hit the fitment right on your first pass and if not it will just take a minor revision to the geometry to get it on a second try. I'm not sure if the new accessory drives will be on display at PRI, but they are coming along nicely.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Any chance you guys have the dimensions available for the 302-20 oil pan.... I know Holley says it will work anywhere a 302-2 works. Right now I have a truck pan on my engine, I ultimately would like to run the Holley pan. If I had some dimensions I can mock it up on my engine and be sure I get good figment.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Any chance you guys have the dimensions available for the 302-20 oil pan.... I know Holley says it will work anywhere a 302-2 works. Right now I have a truck pan on my engine, I ultimately would like to run the Holley pan. If I had some dimensions I can mock it up on my engine and be sure I get good figment.
Specific dimensions of the 302-20 pan haven't been published anywhere yet that I'm aware of, but I have seen an overlay of it on top of the 302-2 pan and they are as close to being the same as possible. With that known, there are published dimensions of the 302-2 pan in the oil pan sticky thread on this forum.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

That's great to know. I have the dimensions for the 302-1 and -2 in a file on my desktop.

I will mock it up on my model and make up a sheet metal "tray" for the front of the LT to get it in place.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Toddoky,

Is there any chance a 302-2 will "fit" on the LT1 for mock up purposes? I just measures the two rear cover and front most block mounting bolts and they look pretty close...... without me taking the LT pan off
if the 302-20 and-2 are as close as you say they are, if the pan will physically sit proper on the can rail and I can get at least a couple of bolts in it I have a spare 302-2 waiting to go in my brothers car.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Toddoky,

Is there any chance a 302-2 will "fit" on the LT1 for mock up purposes? I just measures the two rear cover and front most block mounting bolts and they look pretty close...... without me taking the LT pan off
if the 302-20 and-2 are as close as you say they are, if the pan will physically sit proper on the can rail and I can get at least a couple of bolts in it I have a spare 302-2 waiting to go in my brothers car.
I'm not sure on that as we never attempted to align the 302-2 pan with the bolt holes on the LT pan rail...we merely checked the fitment envelope of the exterior dimensions with the crankshafts of the two engines aligned. The LT also has a unique pick-up tube assembly that may prevent that.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Fair enough. I guess I will give it a shot. One way or another the truck pan is going to have to come off anyway.
so it is not going to hurt to try it.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Surprise, Surprise, the 302-2 does not fit on the LT but is has nothing to do with pickup tube.

First the pan is too short front to back and the oil pump hits the bottom of the pan. right in the center.

Oh well I tried I figured I would give it a try seeing as I had to take the pan off anyway. The front of the truck pan is much too deep for where I want it to go.

I will just have to make up a mock up tray based off the CTS pan I have dimension for, and go from there.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Surprise, Surprise, the 302-2 does not fit on the LT but is has nothing to do with pickup tube.

First the pan is too short front to back and the oil pump hits the bottom of the pan. right in the center.

Oh well I tried I figured I would give it a try seeing as I had to take the pan off anyway. The front of the truck pan is much too deep for where I want it to go.

I will just have to make up a mock up tray based off the CTS pan I have dimension for, and go from there.
You sound determined, so I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Quick Reply: Gen V LT1 3D model