Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang AJE motor mount options. Poly, rubber...?

Old 12-13-2016, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Mustang AJE motor mount options. Poly, rubber...?

Making some changes to my setup and would like to know if anyone has successfully used a poly type mount on an AJE k-member in a fox chassis. Just looking for some vibration reduction compared to the rigid mounts that came with the k member kit. Thinking I may try an energy suspension 3.1115 unless there's another suggestion.

I'd rather not completely butcher the existing k-member mounting points but will if necessary.

Anybody out there use an alternative "softer" mount?
Old 12-13-2016, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Huh..... whats wrong with the poly type mount thats on the AJE k-member ?
Old 12-13-2016, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Too much vibration thru the car, there's no flexibility in the AJE mounts what so ever . fine for a track car but I actually drive mine regularly.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

TTT, nobody has attempted this?
Old 12-16-2016, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

I'm in the middle of developing a Hooker Fox-body LS swap system now that is based on the stock 302 K-member engine mounting base geometry and the use 4th-gen F-body engine mounts, which will provide the type of improved NVH characteristics you are talking about.

You can get an idea as to the make-up of the parts if you follow along the Hooker thread I've started for the Fox body swap application. Unfortunately, you'd have to use a different K-member than the one you have, so I don't know how useful this information would be to you.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Interesting, I still have the stock 5.0 k member, wouldn't be any big deal to put it back in. My concern would be the ability to use the 4l80e. If the stock k member raises the engine than drive line angles would probably be a mess with an 80e. The tunnel barely accommodates this big ol trans.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by boostnut
Interesting, I still have the stock 5.0 k member, wouldn't be any big deal to put it back in. My concern would be the ability to use the 4l80e. If the stock k member raises the engine than drive line angles would probably be a mess with an 80e. The tunnel barely accommodates this big ol trans.
The Hooker engine brackets maintain the crankshaft centerline in the same location of the stock 302 SB crankshaft centerline produced by the stock lower-height convertible/1992-93 coupe engine mounts. I've already mocked-up a 4L80 in the car and will be proceeding with the development of transmission crossmembers next week...yes, there will be a bolt-in crossmember to install a 4L80 available within this system of parts.

I will also be addressing the use of the Hooker parts with aftermarket tubular K-members that use the stock 302 mounting pad geometry by the time I wrap up the project.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang AJE motor mount options. Poly, rubber...?