Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep YJ LY6 6.0L swap wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 03:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep YJ LY6 6.0L swap wiring issue

Hello everyome, long time viewer, first time poster. I'm having an LY6 6.0L out of a 2009 2500HD put into my 1987 Jeep YJ and my mechanic is having a few problems with the wiring. It currently runs and drives but we can't get the obdII port to work (no serial data) and we can't get the fan to turn on because the ground doesn't seem to be working on it. It also seems to be idling high but I have a feeling that has something to do with the maf sensor pinout or the wrong maf sensor all togetherbecause apparently the pinout was different from year to year. It's running an e38 and an SM465 manual trans. I had the wiring harness redone by Novak and the tune done by them as well. We've been trying to resolve the obdII port for some time with no luck and we're almost to the point of ordering a new harness from psi or something but I'd really not like to go that route so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 12-16-2016, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What steps have you tried to find the cause of the OBDII port issue? How about pinning one in directly at the PCM to eliminate the harness wiring?

Quick Reply: Jeep YJ LY6 6.0L swap wiring issue