Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Passenger side head mount accessory spacer for LS1?

Old 01-02-2017, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Passenger side head mount accessory spacer for LS1?

I have a supercharger kit for an LS1 a corvette (obviously made for the corvette pulley spacing) that I want to mount on my Fbody LS1 with Fbody accessories (spaced out ¾” further from the motor than the corvette). The supercharger mounts to the front of the passenger side head (3 bolts).

Does anyone make a ¾” aluminum spacer to allow bolting up corvette accessories to the Fbody belt spacing? (kinda like the water pump spacers, just for the passenger side head)

I have just put the bolts through a stack of washers that measure ¾” for mocking things up, but will have a better spacer before it runs. I can make one if I have to, but if I can just buy one, I would probably just do that.
Attached Thumbnails LS1 Passenger side head mount accessory spacer for LS1?-20170102_231213-1.jpg   LS1 Passenger side head mount accessory spacer for LS1?-20170102_231200.jpg  
Old 01-03-2017, 05:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Holley sells adapters for their kits. Maybe you can adapt?

https://www.holley.com/products/acce...rts/parts/21-2

BTW the exact distance isn't 3/4 inch, it is something metric.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:25 AM
Teching In

that particular one, I don't think is what I need, it sounds close, but I don't see one with just 3 holes (all that is on the front of the passenger side head). I'll call them and see if they have something though, thanks.

Are you sure about the metric thing (where would I find the exact difference)? in multiple places I have seen it listed as 3/4" difference, and that seems to line up when I mocked it up. Maybe I can ask Holley about that also.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Teching In

I called Holley, and the person I spoke to said they don't have what I need. All he knew about were kits (did not seem to be particularly knowledgeable about LS accessories specifically). If the pictures of the kits are accurate, none of them have a spacer with 3 holes that I can see (which is what I would need).

I ordered some aluminum, and am going to make one.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Teching In

I ended up going to emachineshop.com designing a spacer, having it made, and using that.
Attached Thumbnails LS1 Passenger side head mount accessory spacer for LS1?-20170324_201135-1.jpg  
Old 03-26-2017, 11:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Cool. You will have to post up an installed pic.

BTW according to this Holley manual the F body belt is 18 mm farther out compared to the vette. 3/4 inch is a touch over 19 mm. I had an F body alt bracket machined down 3/4 inch to work with my vette stuff. When I installed it the belt was off ever so slightly. Not sure if it was enough to matter, I ended up installing the alternator differently.

http://documents.holley.com/199r10613rev8.pdf
Old 03-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Teching In

I took a look at that Holley doc, in the "Components with specific belt alignments" chart, it shows the different crank spacing:

vette 1.5" & 37mm
F-body 2.25" & 55mm

This shows a difference of .75" (3/4") but also a difference of 18mm, which is .7087 inches...

I'll measure out from the block on all my pulleys and see where things line up.

I already have it installed to test fit everything, here are 2 pics, one showing the spacer between the head and the super charger bracket, and one the front of the motor showing everything mounted up and fitting in the stock frame of a 63 vette.
Attached Thumbnails LS1 Passenger side head mount accessory spacer for LS1?-20170324_201655.jpg   LS1 Passenger side head mount accessory spacer for LS1?-20170324_205501.jpg  
Old 03-27-2017, 04:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by yzguyfl
I'll measure out from the block on all my pulleys and see where things line up.
If you have room try clamping a flat edge to the front of the crank pulley than measure the distance from that to the first groove on each of your pulleys. All pulleys seem to have difference thickness flanges. Lining up on a belt groove seems more accurate to me. You can even measure the distance to the flat edge on the front and back edge of the pulley to get some idea if it is square.

I found a couple of articles that were measuring distances from the block, but they seemed like cruder measurements designed to help identify which set of accessories was on the car. 1 mm is less than 1/16 inch, so hard to write with any precision. I'm not sure what the exact number is. You might be fine.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Teching In

yeah, that does sound easier, I'll give that a shot.

I'm thinking that around 1mm is probably close enough, but if I'm in there, I might as well get everything as good as I can get it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 Passenger side head mount accessory spacer for LS1?