Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBS build HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBS build HELP

Sort of new here I'm looking forward to building probably the baddest suburban in south Texas. Although it'll take me many years to get to the goals I'd like i would just enjoy some advice or a finger pointed in the correct direction to take this build. 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1/2 ton 5.7L vortec 2wd. Fully built 4L60E rated for 500hp currently being powered by the 350 cubic inch poppet injector monster. Lol. Don't ask how or why it just sort of happened. I was actually wondering what would be a good base motor to start off with I'm looking for some pretty distant goals something around 11's for a full size truck. Really this build will take a couple hundred hours of man time and many many years. Also any information on routing the new fuel system. Really leaning towards an LS1 twin turbo build or maybe quad turbo (if life and my budget permit). Any information on building a good solid ls1. Or other motor recommendations. Any information on motor mounts? Can I just drop it in? And pcm and tcm wiring (my favorite). Any good posi recommendations for it? It's a 10 bolt open diff currently. (Getting tired of burning out with one tire too) . Internals needed to be upgraded before? I'm really filled with questions and I'm mostly looking for answers. Any help
is greatly appreciated thank you for taking your time to read this

Last edited by suburbansam; 02-04-2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Shorter title

Quick Reply: OBS build HELP