Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vintage Air: Who's Installed It, And Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikes64
Thanks for the replies, not aposed to fab something up. Will likely have to bite the bullet and seek out the mock up unit, same ole story, budget is suffering, working on getting paint done.
I was in the same situation; Firewall already smoothed with no provisions for mounting studs. I ended up fabbing some brackets out of aluminum bar stock and mounted it to the bottom of the cowl area, which was hidden enough for my application:

Old 04-24-2017, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 463 Likes on 349 Posts

Here's what my brackets ended up looking like -- connects to factory pieces that attach up under the cowl and bolts to the floor above the tranny tunnel.

Here you can see the final - controls in the center console (3 *****) - and you see part of the fan peeking into the passenger footwell down under the dash.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 463 Likes on 349 Posts

Took the car out today for a 30 minute ride around Charlotte. Mid 80's with a bit of humidity - first time I've had it out mid-afternoon on a warm enough day for A/C since installed/charged it last Oct. Within 5 minutes it was so cold inside the car that I had to mix in a bit of heat with the temp **** - on the lowest fan speed. System performed flawlessly. This was Classic Auto Air's Street Rod Cooler III (fully electronic) in a car that's about the size/greenhouse of a Falcon or Nova. There's a data point for anyone who's pulled up this thread as their trying to decide what to do.

Quick Reply: Vintage Air: Who's Installed It, And Results