Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help with wiring of a prndl and nss

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need help with wiring of a prndl and nss

Hello I have a 4l60e transmission 2x4 out of a truck and I still have the neutral safety switch installed on the transmission and I made a stand alone harness out of 04 Tahoe harness and I got a computer from psi for the 6.0l and 4l60e with the tire and gear ratio I have.
I was told they turned off the prndl and nss .
How do I go about useing the prndl and nss switch ?
Thank you kelly
Old 05-22-2017, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the wiring for the neautral safety switch with 2 plugs on it. If yours has 2 plugs I can provide those pins and colors.

The PRNDL as far as I know is a feature in the ECU that tells the computer what gear you are in. I am aware of a selection box where you can select "NONE" Instead of "PRNDL" but I've never tried it. I still have the PRNDL On my trans activated.

If the ecu you have has it disabled, then it probably won't tell the ECU what gear you are in. The PRNDL device physically does other things also though- it activates reverse lamp, and it has a neutral safety switch for the starter (if you want to use that).
Old 05-22-2017, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My plug is one connector .
Thank you
My 38 Oldsmobile coupe doesn't have reverse lights and my b&m shifter has a nss I can wire in also I was wanting the prndl switch so the computer knows what gear it is in but since they disabled it I'm assuming they have it programmed to use the same ecu settings in neutral and in gear . When I get a hp tuner pro after I change the heads and cam I will enable it again. But as for now I want to hook it up even though it won't work tell later .

Any help with that would greatly appreciated ..
thank you kelly

Quick Reply: I need help with wiring of a prndl and nss