Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 911 LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 06:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 911 LS1 swap

My first thread here and I have many questions. I've found three cars to upgrade. First one is a 99 no engine but is tiptronic. To swap it over to manual alone will cost around 2k and that's just for the no wiring or dash. Second is a 99 MT, and the third is a 2004, which of course I really like. The last two both run so my plan is to sell the original engine to fund the swap or at least put a dent into the price of it. Is it difficult to wire into the canbus on the 2004 and keep full functionality? Any insight into this project would be greatly apprieciated!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the engine harness and all the factory sensors. It's not difficult as long as you know how to read a diagram and map out everything carefully. Don't be rushed, research everyone's build and print out diagrams. I recently finished my electrical work and need to post updated pictures. I'm doing a 997 with slightly different CANBUS
Old 05-23-2017, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shanghai_todd
Keep the engine harness and all the factory sensors. It's not difficult as long as you know how to read a diagram and map out everything carefully. Don't be rushed, research everyone's build and print out diagrams. I recently finished my electrical work and need to post updated pictures. I'm doing a 997 with slightly different CANBUS

I've done a lot of reading of all the build threads on here. By far, the most comprehensive source of information I've found. Seems like the 2004 was a scam, so that deal fell through....Who knew that Teresa was a flight attendant for an international airline and had her car in a lot in WA state. Simple process of me depositing the money into an escrow account....SMH. I was born at night, it just wasn't last night.

Looks like the 99 tiptronic to 6 MT is in my future. Does anyone have a detailed parts list needed for the swap?
Old 05-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a suggestion -before you pull the trigger price out the manual transmission conversion parts -it will be expensive and probably more work than the ls install .
Old 05-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Agreed. Didn't you have a 99 manual available...? You listed two 99s.

Quick Reply: 2004 911 LS1 swap