Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loking for some direction on curing codes p2101 and p1516

Old 05-23-2017, 07:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loking for some direction on curing codes p2101 and p1516

This is my '70 El Camino. Stock LS2/4l60e from a '06 GTO. Harness by Speartec. I have had the truck together/ running since 2012 with no issues.
I don't know how long I've had this problem because it only happens at WOT. This is an "out of range" condition between ECM, TAC, and pedal.
I took a gamble that didn't pay off when I replaced the throttle body and the gas pedal. I have closely examined the wires at the plug-ins on each piece and can find nothing amiss.
Is this the kind of problem that a shop with the right piece of equipment could find fairly quickly, or at least have a good idea on? I'm at a loss. I'll be leaving for the Power Tour on the 9th of June and would love to have the truck at 100%. Still driveable, but nose dives to limp mode after a full throttle hit. Thanks for any direction you can provide.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did some reading on this, looks like you already did as well with the replacement of the TB and the pedal. Some other posts say the E40 ecm has some issues sometimes, hope that isn't your issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loking for some direction on curing codes p2101 and p1516