Sponsored by:

LS Swap 69 Camaro Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS Swap 69 Camaro Wiring

Guys,

Needing a little help on finishing my ls swap into 69 Camaro. I have the wire harness done by LT1Wiring. Their harness, like most, is a 3 wire harness. My question would be, the purple wire is the starter wire that goes to the column. Where is the best place to wire that in? Also I have the 12V 'hot' key wire? Where is the best place to wire that in? thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Purple wire goes to the starter terminal on the ignition switch. ( ignition switch is down on the column)
Find a terminal that is hot with the key on from the fuse panel for the "hot key"
wire.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

You didnt say whether its column shift or floor shift, but the purple wire from the ignition switch goes to the neutral safety switch, then to the starter. I would hook the wire to the cold side of the NSS, that way it only gets power when the key is in the start position and also in park or neutral.

As for the wiring for the rest of the harness, you can use the wire that originally went to the coil to power up the ignition relay in the engine harness since it will stay hot in the crank position, most wires in the fuse box will lose power during crank.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

thank you guys, that worked like a charm.

Quick Reply: LS Swap 69 Camaro Wiring