Just another ls10 408 s485 glide build - Page 4 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just another ls10 408 s485 glide build

Old 01-07-2018, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Warmed up the garage and started tearing apart my harness to start on the firewall bulk head. I'm separating the coil wiring from out side of firewall to inside since they are mounting inside of firewall. less holes in wall. This is the final thing to do before the fire wall gets smoothed.

harness tear down.

all wiring is separated and ready to be cut.

holes drilled and bolted in. I wish i went with Deutsch connectors but i already bought these so ill rock them this time.

these are kinda bulky but functional.

Looking for pics of what ppl do for firewall smooths. ANY s10 or G-body guys care to share.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

not mine but i stumbled across these guys and been watching the progress

Old 01-07-2018, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by psifanboy View Post

waffle hanging out

Is Waffle a pissed off cat, or a small Yeti? lol

Jay
Old 01-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Man, your hot side looks great. Lookin forward to seeing it all welded up.

Waffles lookin pretty viscous and really does resemble a yeti haha
Old 01-08-2018, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

haha she is awesome. def could be a mini yeti lol. she wanted to hang last night but was afraid she would get in front of the salamander heater lol wouldnt end well for her haha.

Been plucking away at these weatherpak pins. what a pain but turning out pretty decent.

any one else know this pain?

Injectors, grounds, alt, and starter wiring done. next itll be senosrs and shorten the coil wiring.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

got a bunch done yesterday. got the dash in and a bunch of wiring cleaned up under it and loomed all the chassis wiring. started on the throttle cable bracket and fpr hoses also. interior looks damn good.

cant see any of the wiring from under the dash other than the hundred extra wires from the ultimate.

AFPR hose routed.

not much room in this area tho

easy access to fuses and relays if needed.

hopefully i get some parts in the next few days so i can finish the wiring and wire up a few pressure sensors also.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Ton of work got done yesterday. Finished all the engine wiring, added some new pos and neg bulk heads, pulled engine and trans, filled all the holes, and started the body filler. Back is messed up now lol.

picked up this steering wheel kinda like it.

new bulk heads.

engine gone

wire cleaned up

Fiberglass bondo first layer

started sanded but ran out of time. 10 hours in the garage was good enough for me.

Next is sanding all the smooth and using lightweight filler to fill any imperfections, then brake lines. Hope to have all the done this week or at least get started on brake lines. once all this is done and painted engine will go back in for im hoping awhile.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

i wonder if i start a new build thread id get more ppl into it. lol damn photobucket ruined this post.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

You're doing some serious wiring. Nice work.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

You've got over 5,000 views dude, relax. Most people on here don't comment a lot. Unlike some Assh...... wait, that would be me.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
You've got over 5,000 views dude, relax. Most people on here don't comment a lot. Unlike some Assh...... wait, that would be me.
Or me... lol
Old 01-22-2018, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

There ya go, see.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been following it since you started. I was on the dime forum, but am tired of the non-sense over there, so I will just continue to follow you here.

Looking really really good!
Old 01-23-2018, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

haha good deal. seems like forums died off when photobucket did there **** but i try to keep it updated so maybe itll help some one down the road. Also have a facebook page for it called @boostedblazer
Old 01-23-2018, 07:37 PM
Launching!

I'm following it here and on S10forum. lol

I don't spend a ton of time over there, but I haven't noticed too much BS. But I'm usually only in member projects and the LS swap forums.

Jay
Old 01-29-2018, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

plucked away at the fire wall this weekend. got it all painted and started on the brake lines. turned out pretty good.

eastwood flaring tool and straightener is really nice. worked amazing

Tonight i plan to finish up brake lines. got the B&M line lock mounted just gotta run brake lines there and on master.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

i was down to just flaring the passenger last night n the bend going to the wilwood is borderline kinked so going to redo that one on wed. 25 foot was just enough to do the entire blazer tho with a few feet to spare. went ahead and added some fluid and only had one leak at line lock. gravity bled each caliper till fluid was pouring out and install the rod. brakes are hard to push but guess i better get used to it lol.

i will try to redo the one i fucked up then bleed it for good. replaced all the rubber lines while i was in there.

Next i might start tearing into my 8.8, not sure if ill leave in stock form for this year with a spool and decent shafts on 31 spline. How many have went 9 or 8s in stock spline?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Brakes are done. noticed that the rod wasnt straight at all using the power brake rod postiion so drilled a hole about 2 inches up. nice and straight now. brakes are vacuum bled going to put the gf to work and do a final bleed on them today. then ill clean up frame n paint then engine is going back in prolly.

Highly recommend this tool.

threw the net on to check measurements and found that i have to order a new one since this one is already expired
Old 02-01-2018, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the flailing tool also. I love it and recommend it
Old 02-01-2018, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

it was actually the easiest part of the install, i have more trouble bending the lines. super easy. just wish the die wasn't so long so i can flare it with out having to straighten the tubing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just another ls10 408 s485 glide build

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: