Notices
Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just another ls10 408 s485 glide build

Old 02-01-2018, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry if I missed it but, what did you paint that firewall with? I really like that.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

it is a duplicolor TR250 bedliner

used it on my last jeep i built firewall and bumpers. held up great to the fluids that it leaked daily
Old 02-02-2018, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome, thanks!
Old 02-05-2018, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

got a **** done over the weekend. Friday i cleaned up the frame some and got a few coats of paint on it, installed engine, and did some 8.8 tear down. Sat and sunday i put fenders back on and wired in Brights and horn and installed fenders and front end. routed all wiring for the lights and tested. Think that is all that is done now so i guess i need to order some 8.8 parts and save for fuel pump and TC. Plan on running a single 4303 magna for now and PTC TC. Hoping my hot side will be finished soon and the window guy should be over with in a couple weeks to install all windows.

No more chrome

engine back in its home

some fresh air while i tear into the 8.8

Harness all loomed up

old school dimmer switch installed

My 20 dollar grill and bumper look decent, need to clean up the grill still but itll do for now. I plan to get a fiberglass bumper and lower valance eventually so bumper will do for now also lol.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Not a whole lot of works been done recently. Just put it up on jack stands, sold wheels and rear end and got some 9" H1137 ends in. Making the pucks that keep everything straight and should have them wrapped up soon. Than time for the chop

jack stand life

Old 02-23-2018, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

i did mess around with a 3.5 in front mount intercooler. Dont think it fits.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

been working on center console and ordering parts. I will be wrapping up the console hopefully today if i get some time. Also ordered some nice tablet sliders for my dash when it gets made. should look nice. Got some 8.8 parts in and Throttle cable almost done. waiting on the DC throttle cable to be back in stock for the high rams.

The fun **** of fiberglass

repairing some areas inside the cubby hole today

Throttle cable looks decent

Narrowing fixture plate and inserts.

making the insert for it on the lathe should be down this weekend. once that is done ill get the 8.8 back out and start measuring
Old 03-05-2018, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

going to be ordering my ptc this week. 4 week lead time so guess i better get on that if i wanna race this year. also recieved my parts for the new dash that is going to be built. should look decent.

Got the console finished up, added the Motion raceworks usb to it. Should have just enough room behind shifter to add my bluetooth controls for tunes.

These Fifield fab parts are pretty slick. Ipad mini will be in the center for tunes and the other is a Samsung TAB A that hopefully will fit.

Stays in place and easy to remove. also got all the interior bolted down. Ill get the windows installed after i get the dash in, might have to add some Dzuz fasteners to keep it in place. Hoping to get start on the 8.8 9" end build this week if i start feeling any better.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Pulled tail gate and roll pan last night to figure out how to mount pump using stock sumped tank. The tank and sump i have now hangs a lil lower than i want so will be redoing it will a lower profile sump. I plan on ordering Motion raceworks DIY CHute kit and using that bar to mount my ****. Might as well get the chute mounted cause im sure ill need it.

few years ago i took this pic. TO low?

Much more room to work on stuff now

prolly order the Chute mount this week so i can get this wrapped up. we will see.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

received some parts from Motion Raceworks yesterday. also got all my parts to start on the 8.8. should be a decent weekend in the garage this weekend!

Old 03-12-2018, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

I got the main chute Bar in place. GOt a new gas tank and started on the new sump. Also got all my measuring done on the 8.8 just got to cut it down.

Bolts on and tucks nicely

8.8 stuff. got all my pieces made for the bar to keep it all straight. just gotta go pick up a bar tonight.

Hopefully get the stock ends cut off tonight and maybe new ends tacked on
Old 03-13-2018, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

Got a lil done last night. Got the new tank in place, mocked up a new smaller sump, and got the ends cut off the 8.8 and 9" mocked up. 49" exactly. this will put me right at stock width

Not centered yet but def looks better.

9" ends tacked it. need to pick up a alignment bar hopefully today.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have always wanted to narrow my own rear, but I hate to buy a bar and pucks to use them probably once. Looking real nice though!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

i got a few buddies that could use it, plate and bar are cheap and the pucks i had made at a machine shop so they were free.50
Old 03-19-2018, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

made a lil progress. got the sump made and ready to be tigged welded on. Cut a big hole in the passenger floor to run some 4" so i can have full exhaust yesterday and need to make harness mounts while i got carpet out.

Looks a little better

Big hole, also going to secure the power and ground

might be able to make this work
Old 03-25-2018, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Did some straightening of the 8.8 and received a new bung for the sump since i messed up of the mating seal of the other one. whoops.

seat harness floor mounting prep

before

cooling

Done for now. will double check once i get my caltrac perches and bracing on

whoops right in the worse place too

Another 30 bucks later its ready for some tigs
Old 03-29-2018, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Got some more parts, on board air and fuel line fittings, sump is ready to be welded on also.

3 gallon tank pump, should be good for boost control and shifter

should have tank and pump mounted, fuel system from Regulater to rails and rails to -10 Y done, Chute mount and wiring for compressor done this weekend.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

for any one that cares, throttle cable done and fuel pressure reg and fuel lines from rails to a Y for feed done.

more parts

Chute mount mocked up. needs tig welded

losing motivation on this. its almost summer and so much to do .
Old 04-07-2018, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Got a lil done last night. Had to rework some of the pipes and will need to remove mount. Trying to figure out whats a good engine angle. its at like 6 degree tilted back now, but idk how level my truck actually is. The solid mount for engine on the frame is 5 degree. i need tilt it up about 3 more degree than it was. How do i know if its right?

Any way here is some pics of the tubes and turbo installed. looks like ill be running 4" out to the rear.

its almost a straight shot to down pipe.

ill have to wrap this pretty good to keep heat down around the firewall but should be plenty far away from bulk heads when done.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

got a lil work done over the weekend.

wastegate are respringed and mounted.

down pipe is tacked

chute mount is done and painted

Trying to find room for this set up

Tried making an intrepid fan work but no luck because of the room. what is some good 12" fans? I plan to run dual fans.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just another ls10 408 s485 glide build

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: