Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photobucket

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Photobucket

Well, it looks like Photobucket is now forcing us to make monthly payments to post pictures to 3rd party hosting.. all of my images are blocked now and getting the notice to upgrade.

What are you guys going to be doing ?.. will looking for another solutions?

BC
Old 07-10-2017, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I switched to imgur .....not paying $399/yr to 3rd party host pics from photobucket. Plus f them for screwing up everyone's build threads and how to threads
Old 07-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Imgur's terms of service worried me so I moved everything over to imgbb.com instead
Old 07-10-2017, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm trying https://postimages.org/ at the moment. Time will tell.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 463 Likes on 349 Posts

I suspect PB's terms of service for the "free" service have prohibited the linking for quite some time. They just never did anything about it - until now. Sure seems the way they went about it is guaranteed to tick off a lot of people. I just spent 6-8 hours going through my sent email box and pulling down pics of my build - PB is the only place I had them stored. Refuse to give them a penny. Now, it'll take me two weeks to figure out how some other site works.... For most of us reading terms of service is a lot like debating something with my wife. After just a minute or so I give up and say "I agree"....
Old 07-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

These are pretty straightforward.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

That covers what can be uploaded --- does it say anything about what you can do with them once they're uploaded? When I did my build, I sent out a daily email 'progress' report to a number of my buddies. I was able to retrieve my build pics from those emails. Looking for a new home for them. Confess, I haven't even been able to understand how Imgur works so that's out for me. Unfortunately, looks like I'll loose all the rest of my pics -- of other cars, family, etc. My fault for not being more robust with storage and back-up.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Any way to get my photos out of photobucket ?
Old 07-10-2017, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Can anyone translate this term of service into something an idiot like me can understand? Particularly the "....wrapped in links back to the corresponding HTML pages at our site...." part. Play like I'm a first grader.

"Please keep the images embedded into third-party websites wrapped in links back to the corresponding HTML pages at our site when possible. The outgoing link should lead the user directly to our web page without any interstitial pages or interruptions."
Old 07-10-2017, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1973 STEP A SIDE
I think you have to pay 'em. It won't even let me access without me signing in (haven't had to do that in, well, years) and when I try to reset the password, any combo I try gets rejected with the red letters of death. I keep reading, however, that there are folks that HAVE paid, and they're still having trouble accessing their photos. I've written 'em off.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I can still access my photos, but none of my 3rd party hosting works.

Jay
Old 07-10-2017, 08:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

I can still access my photos too, but trying to get them off of there and back on my computer is a time consuming job. The site is so add ridden that it covers the page and its sometimes hard to find the X to close them. PB was such a piece of **** because of that, that I quit using them. I think a lot of people must have dumped them and now they're trying to find new ways of making revenue. But like I said in my current build thread, they can kiss my ***. All of my build threads are now useless. Maybe sometime I can go back and edit them to put new pics in them, but cant imagine how long that would take....
Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can still use it for storing and displaying them locally to the site, and Yes you can download them from PB back to your computer.

I don't really use that much disk space and not going to pay them for 3rd party hosting.. There are other solutions..

Yeah.. way to much effort to find a new host site and edit everything here on LS1Tech.. This just sucks... I might delete everything there and close my account....if everyone does the same.. maybe that will hurt them on there Ad Sponsor revenue ?

BC
Old 07-11-2017, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Open the album you want to get the pics of on photobucketofcrap. On the right side of the album page there will be a link to download the album. Select that, then click yes when it asks if you want to retrieve them. Give it a few minutes, then it will tell you the album is ready to download. Select a folder you want to put them on your computer and select continue...
Old 07-11-2017, 04:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be nice to just download them directly here , like other media sites....that's why I won't post pictures ... Too much work for a picture
Old 07-11-2017, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 1973 STEP A SIDE
I don't know if there's an easy way to get everything out of a PB account, but for those who have pictures linked in threads, you can try https://fixphotobucket.com. I've used it on a couple threads over on cadillacforums.com - one thread it worked (which was good, as that was an excellent DIY), the other one it didn't. Not sure why.

Even on the thread that it fixed, it was a bit cumbersome. I had to edit the post, then go through and cut-and-paste 14 new image links from fixphotobucket over to the post to replace all the image links one by one. If you've got lots of posts with images, I can't imagine that would be an effective way to recover your pictures.

Last edited by AAIIIC; 07-11-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

AAIIC - got this message when going to that linked site.. but they are looking for fee's at there site too..

It's over

Sorry everyone, Photobucket has blocked this host from fetching images. Converted images will continue working, but no new images can be converted from here.

If you'd like to migrate away from Photobucket you can download your albums and bring them elsewhere.

Looking for a new image host?

ImgZeit is a fast, no-nonsense image hosting site for people who value privacy and speed. No ads, unlimited uploads, and hotlinking for just $11/yr.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Yeah, not surprisingly, Photobucket closed whatever loophole that guy was using to create the alternate links.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

That's how effective hostage taking works.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 87c10
Be nice to just download them directly here , like other media sites....that's why I won't post pictures ... Too much work for a picture
I'm not sure I understand your comment. Are you suggesting LS1Tech doesn't support uploading images directly to this site?

If so, you're mistaken. See image below:

Tipsy

Last edited by TipsyMcStagger; 12-03-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Photobucket