Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 El Camino LQ9/4L60E Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 El Camino LQ9/4L60E Swap

Hey Guys been lurking in the shadows and figured I would post up my swap and maybe get some help in the process. So to start things off I have a 1967 El Camino with a SBC 350/TH350 combo currently installed. So far I have upgraded the rear end to a Custom built DTS 12 bolt, Full UMI suspension and Wilwood brakes all the way around.

I picked up a LQ9 long block off a forum member here which happened to live right down the road from me. Lucked out I guess. It is a fresh rebuild with 10.5 ish to 1 CR and a custom cam with specs close to the Tick Performance SNS torqueMAX Stage 2. Still needs rocker arms and push rods but I will have to wait until I get back home before a can measure and order those. Will be finishing it off with some long tubes and the FITECH unit. Hoping for around 450ish to the wheels. For the trans I am having a local trans shop build up a 4L60E for me. Would like to use a 4L80 but don’t want to have to massage the tunnel to the extreme.
I picked up a tanks inc FI tank with associated pump, sender, lines, and regulator. I am going to be running the FITech ultimate ls EFI 750HP kit with trans control. Not sure if I will take full advantage of the kit but for the small jump in price compared to their 500hp kit it seemed like it had a lot more features.
I am undecided on what motor/trans mount kit I will be using but am leaning towards the BRP/Hedman w/ Holley 302 oil pan and what appears to be dirty dingo cts-v front accessories. I don't see a lot of talk about their new kits but it’s the only one I could find with the correct cross member. (Opinions wanted)
I have looked though most of the other A-body swaps and don’t remember seeing a 67 El Camino so I figured I would post up a build thread to hopefully help someone out in the future. I travel a lot for work as a am right now but am trying to get everything ordered so when I get home I can get right to work.

Here is a pick of the car before the brakes.
Attached Thumbnails 67 El Camino LQ9/4L60E Swap-el-co.jpg  

Quick Reply: 67 El Camino LQ9/4L60E Swap