Sponsored by:

Project Anarchy LS into a 2010 Nissan Titan Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 08:21 PM
x10
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Anarchy LS into a 2010 Nissan Titan Quad Cab

I have an interesting Project. First of all its my First LS swap I'm a decent mechanic but can't weld and don't have metal fabrication equipment. I bought a 2010 Nissan Titan on an auction without Engine or Tran. I bought a Engine and Trans out of a 2005 Avalanche 2wd. I am about 60% through the swap and from what I read I'm like everyone else and running into many and varied challenges along the way. I got a full harness and throttle pedal with my purchase and from there have been on my own. Let me catch you up. I lost a lot of time on engine mounts but in the end I ended up using Corvette mounts from summit. I had a local machinist make me a transmission bracket using the Nissan cross member and the original GM single bolt mount. Previous owner had an experimental engine in the Titan so what I have is all over the place. i have a Holly inline fuel pump and all no fuel lines up to the engine yet. I need to put a filter in and finish the plumbing. No exhaust yet. ECM off being programmed. I have powered the Titan truck and the Windows and electrics work but don't know what I'm doing for the dash yet. I bought a B&M Ratchet shifter and have it installed and cable ran. I have fitted the Radiator and found that I can't use the factory Fan. And because of the front brackets for the Nissan radiator and front clip, I plan on using the Nissan radiator but need to find fans. I have to keep the fan depth to 3. 3/4 inch. I want to make a daily driver and am at the end of my budget. Here are a list of my issues. any info or suggestions or just general comments that would be helpful are welcome. I keep reading the Net and I have 1 book on LS conversions. Some of the following statements are questions, some are statements that I need guidance on. Some things I've done that if you have suggestions please give them to me. Like I said This is my first one and I'm sure I've done things wrong or could have been done better.

here is a list of my current Tasks. that I dont' have a solution for yet
  • Cooling Fan or Fans - No solution yet
  • Best practice on radiator hoses
  • best practice on fuel lines
  • I've got a couple mystery connectors on the harness Pictures to follow this weekend
  • Suggestions on fuel pressure gauge install
  • Good battery box
  • anything I should wire through a relay vs. direct
If your in the Morgantown/Martinsville area and are an LS expert come over I'm buying dinner
Attached Thumbnails Project Anarchy LS into a 2010 Nissan Titan Quad Cab-anarchy-01.jpg   Project Anarchy LS into a 2010 Nissan Titan Quad Cab-anarchy-02.jpg   Project Anarchy LS into a 2010 Nissan Titan Quad Cab-anarchy-03.jpg   Project Anarchy LS into a 2010 Nissan Titan Quad Cab-anarchy-04.jpg  
Old 10-18-2017, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

- fuel lines - if using factory truck intake w return you will want at least 4an preferably 6an feed (8an if planning forced induction later) and a 5/16 return... use 100 micro pre and 10 micron post filter with the inline pump
- Radiator hoses - you can splice up hoses using jagsthatrun adapter or you can just hit the salvage yard and find something that might fit for cheap
-Fuel pressure gauge - you can remove the schrader valve and buy an adapter on the rail and fit an FPR
Old 10-18-2017, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 463 Likes on 349 Posts

Got a buddy with a supercharged LS in a Tundra -- no anarchy, just what works.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:01 PM
x10
Teching In

No factory fuel lines left. I was going to use 1/2 inch lines both ways just for simplicity, but not sure how to adapt the line to the fuel rail.
suggestions on a fuel filter. (I'm telling you this is my first build, I don't have know sources ), Not a lot of builders around me that sit around and share info. I don't race anymore and haven't for 30 years so everything I did on dirt track cars is long gone.

I will just cruise summit and jegs till I find something,

I work 10hrs a day so I don't have much time to cruise bone yards. Plus around here the bone yard cruising is coming to an end. Liability theft, ect. now you go to the front desk and wait for them to bring it.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You said prototype engine in this truck at one time. Was this one of the Diesel Mules?
Old 10-19-2017, 02:54 PM
x10
Teching In

Originally Posted by mytmouz
You said prototype engine in this truck at one time. Was this one of the Diesel Mules?
yes it was a proof of concept
Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool. I work at the Titan factory...
Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 AM
x10
Teching In

Originally Posted by mytmouz
Cool. I work at the Titan factory...
Heck you know more about the Titan than I do, there are several things I see that they did well and some I wonder about.

Overall it seems like a decent chassis
Old 10-20-2017, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldn't use the Nissan radiator,they have a bad history of trans cooler failure and allowing coolant into the transmission which destroys it.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Edited for wrong post.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:57 PM
x10
Teching In

Project update

After several false starts, replacing several cheap hose clamps, I drove the truck around today, working on trying to get the engine hotter than it's supposed to be and when you get all the hoses to stop leaking it doesn't get hot any more.

I know everyone has their own first build stories, I sure have my stories.

I'm working on getting the Titan dash to work with the LS, Not doing a great job yet but the fight isn't over. Right now I'm using an ultragauge http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ to compensate

I will do a photo spread in my bikini some day. (I'm an overweight 50 something redneck in case your excited)
Old 03-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Any updates on this?
I have been thinking about ls swapping my Titan lately, 265,000 miles on it now, so the time is ticking on the 5.6l.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:02 PM
x10
Teching In

Ive been driving it for about 3 weeks and fighting the little gremlins that you get on a build The 4l60e transmission is working out great. we just got the shift points nailed down last weekend, The Chevy Power steering pump is running the Nissan Rack just fine. Steering is smooth. If you get ready to do yours I would love to know how you go about it.

I used the Nissan Radiator and had to piece together radiator hoses and use a T into the upper radiator hose for the steam vents.

I'm going to design and build an electronic circuit to adapt the steering controls for the cruise control. I had to put in an oil pressure gauge I couldn't get the Nissan gauge to work
Old 03-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Are you using a stand alone ECU?
Using the GM ecu piggy backing the the Nissan ecu? What engine mounts? What headers? More Pics! Please! I see you work at the Titan plant, if you do not mind, I may have to ride up and see this beast one weekend? I’m a couple hours south of the plant.

Last edited by titanss; 03-18-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:27 PM

Im doing a ls swap on a frontier myself, engine is in, but I'm worried on the gauges part, and the electronics. I would like to talk to you since the titan and the frontier being very similar
Old 03-10-2020, 06:32 PM
x10
Teching In

Default hi

Originally Posted by hector001
Im doing a ls swap on a frontier myself, engine is in, but I'm worried on the gauges part, and the electronics. I would like to talk to you since the titan and the frontier being very similar

Hey, I"m in Martinsville, IN, your welcome to come over and take a look if your close,

A lot of things have went right with this build, hit me up in a pm

Quick Reply: Project Anarchy LS into a 2010 Nissan Titan Quad Cab