Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 new edge mustang 4.8 lsx turbo swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 11:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks man, your car ran really good too. I’ll send you what videos I have of it tomorrow. That cars is impressive for such a simple combo
Old 08-25-2018, 04:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Hell yeah man.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertD
10.7 guys!!!

slammed on the brakes right before the end of the 1/4 bc it was spiking up to 15psi. My af’s
were better this time but I think still not ideal so I pussed out and slammed on the brakes
That is awesome! What converter and trans are you running I forgot?? And what were the rear gears? I wonder if you have a wastegate problem? Possibly why it's spiking? (sorry my brain is going into questioning everything mode)
You gotta get yourself HPtuners now! This is the time to start playing with it. Or data log it somehow and go back to your tuner and tell him what's going on. I've gotta get mine running again and get my *** to the track! Sick job again.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:01 AM
9 Second Club

Forgot to add that Right when I get off work yesterday my buddy stopped by and helped me wire up my line lock. We got it half way plumbed in after that but I lost one fitting. So he left so he could get home and I had to wait for the kids to get off the bus before I ran out and grabbed another fitting. It was a mad dash to get it all put back together, grabbed my trailer and loaded it up. With the way things were going I didn’t think I was going to get to take the car to the track. Man I’m glad I did

My first run with my boost controller turned up 1 full turn from closed resulted in a 11.6. It was running off the gates those passes with the 8psi springs. This is probably where I’ll set it back to for lsfest. A/f’ were low 11s and it felt..safe. Plus I’ll stay legal running that time there.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:19 AM
9 Second Club

I did turn my boost controller up a 1/2 turn before my second pass. Maybe it was running around 15psi the whole run, my eyes were glued on my wideband. I will back it off a 1/4 turn to see where that puts me though just so I know for next time

Im running a th400 built by abruzzi racing out of Ohio. Reverse manual valve body and a transbrake that isn’t hooked up yet. Converter is a fti sr3082 9.5 street racer series. 3.27 gears on 275/60/15’s.

my tuner said my fti converter was the best feeling fti converter he has ever had on his dyno. I don’t know what a bad one feels like to compare.

Car has a lot more in it I believe. With my 1/8 mile time, it would have equated to around a 10.3 if I wouldn’t have been on the brakes.

Im tapped out on spending anymore money on this car this year lol. Sadly with everything I had to spend on the motor, cam, fuel **** I’m not going to be able to make a roll bar/cage happen this year probably. With the times I think this car is capable of running I’m probablg better off waiting until I can do a 10pt cage anyways. Told the wife I want hptuners for Xmas though. I’d for sure like to be able to at least datalog and see what’s going on.

Last edited by RobertD; 08-25-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:33 AM
TECH Regular

I did turn my boost controller up a 1/2 turn before my second pass. Maybe it was running around 15psi the whole run, my eyes were glued on my wideband. I will back it off a 1/4 turn to see where that puts me though just so I know for next time

Im running a th400 built by abruzzi racing out of Ohio. Reverse manual valve body and a transbrake that isn’t hooked up yet. Converter is a fti sr3082 9.5 street racer series. 3.27 gears on 275/60/15’s.

my tuner said my fti converter was the best feeling fti converter he has ever had on his dyno. I don’t know what a bad one feels like to compare.

Car has a lot more in it I believe. With my 1/8 mile time, it would have equated to around a 10.3 if I wouldn’t have been on the brakes.

Im tapped out on spending anymore money on this car this year lol. Sadly with everything I had to spend on the motor, cam, fuel **** I’m not going to be able to make a roll bar/cage happen this year probably. With the times I think this car is capable of running I’m probablg better off waiting until I can do a 10pt cage anyways. Told the wife I want hptuners for Xmas though. I’d for sure like to be able to at least datalog and see what’s going on.
I hear ya on the money spending. That and time I'm just waiting for my girlfriend to make me choose between her and the car haha. What did you do for a cam on the engine you just put in? Was it the same as the cam you had before?
Old 08-25-2018, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

hp tuners is awesome. glad i got it on my last build. lost of info on the hptuner website. plus you got all the sloppy tunes to get some info from as well. if you start doing your own tuning make small changes and just 1 or 2 at a time.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:45 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah same sloppy stage 2 cam from jegs again
Old 08-26-2018, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SwapStang
I hear ya on the money spending. That and time I'm just waiting for my girlfriend to make me choose between her and the car haha. What did you do for a cam on the engine you just put in? Was it the same as the cam you had before?
Sorry to hear about your impending breakup lolol

Robert nice work! I bet that was an awesome feeling.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan95gst
Sorry to hear about your impending breakup lolol

Robert nice work! I bet that was an awesome feeling.
thanks man, it was awesome!!

whole time in the back of my mind I worried but it ran great. And that line lock!!! Man it makes burnouts so much more easier. It would take getting into 5psi of boost in the water box to push threw my rear brakes before the line lock. Those strange 4 piston calipers/brakes are no joke
Old 08-28-2018, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

Here’s the video of the 10.7 pass. Shitty quality but you get the idea

my brake light switch needs adjusted is the reason my brakes go off so much but I do hit them at the very end of the track

Last edited by RobertD; 08-28-2018 at 08:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
freeky (12-24-2019)
Old 08-29-2018, 07:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

nice work man. im so ready to make a pass in mine lol.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

something i was curious about, did you use the stock mustang throttle cable for yours?
Old 08-30-2018, 02:49 PM
9 Second Club

I ended up using an a Lokar ls1 throttle cable
Old 08-31-2018, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know if you are going back out, I have hptuners and been tuning on my truck some. I could bring it out and you could datalog the run. I could give you the log on a jump drive and you could look at it on you puter at home. Without buying the setup. The HpTuners software suite is a free download. Put it on your computer and I can send you some scan log files to look at for comparison as well.

I am just now starting an ls new edge Silver build myself. Bought the car last week, ordered wheels and tires from lmr on a sale deal. Picking up an all aluminum L33 tomorrow morning for an engine and got a turbo 400 core to build as well.

Last edited by RIDETOEAT; 08-31-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:37 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDETOEAT
Let me know if you are going back out, I have hptuners and been tuning on my truck some. I could bring it out and you could datalog the run. I could give you the log on a jump drive and you could look at it on you puter at home. Without buying the setup. The HpTuners software suite is a free download. Put it on your computer and I can send you some scan log files to look at for comparison as well.

I am just now starting an ls new edge Silver build myself. Bought the car last week, ordered wheels and tires from lmr on a sale deal. Picking up an all aluminum L33 tomorrow morning. for the engine and got a turbo 400 core to build as well.
I have that same hood! Literally looks like my car with the exception of the bumper. Love that thing!

Cant wait to see its build. Seems like more and more LS powered new edges are getting on here. Robby is missing out since he doesnt facebook, but there is a group on their called LS Mustangs, lots of information on it as well.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats a damn good looking new edge.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dan95gst
something i was curious about, did you use the stock mustang throttle cable for yours?
I used mine. It fit like it was made for it.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah same sloppy stage 2 cam from jegs again
I used the same one in my 5.3 I just threw in the car. I am up and running taken it for a few drives so far, working on the idle and fuel still but so far it's not bad especially considering it's the same tune I had on the 6.0 haha. I do have an oil leak from the front cover so I'm guessing I didn't align it correctly when I installed it. I'll have to address that when I have time. Any one else have that problem?
Old 08-31-2018, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RIDETOEAT

I am just now starting an ls new edge Silver build myself. Bought the car last week, ordered wheels and tires from lmr on a sale deal. Picking up an all aluminum L33 tomorrow morning. for the engine and got a turbo 400 core to build as well.
That is a nice looking new edge. I can't wait to see this car in action. Looking forward to the build!

Quick Reply: 99 new edge mustang 4.8 lsx turbo swap