Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 new edge mustang 4.8 lsx turbo swap

Old 02-07-2019, 05:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Wohooo! Can't wait to see this thing hit some high 8s this year.
Come on eBay coupon codes! Iím a racer on a budget damnit lol
Old 02-11-2019, 08:31 PM
9 Second Club

Few new things

-2 genuine tial 38mm’s for $280 baaaam!
-needed a good place for a transbrake button so grabbed a grant 673 sterling wheel
-anyone that doesn’t have swing out door bars knows the struggle of getting in and out with a low sitting kirkey. Grabbed a nrg steering wheel hub and sfi quick disconnect. Waiting on my 6 to 5 bolt adapter
-5 point camlock harness from racerdirect

I’ve got a handful of other things coming in, I’ll throw up pics as I get them in. I’ve been waiting on the harness so I can get a a tab welded to the passenger side floor bored ( on a 4”x4” plate) of the front seat for the right lap belt and get my carpet down.

hitting up the junkyard Thursday hopefully to try and find black door panels and column trim pieces

Old 02-15-2019, 09:02 PM
Teching In

nice build...i have a 04 gt im debating doing a ls swap on since my 2v mod motor decided to **** the bed
Old 02-16-2019, 05:28 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 80MaliTurbo View Post
nice build...i have a 04 gt im debating doing a ls swap on since my 2v mod motor decided to **** the bed
Thank you. Go for the swap man. There is a ton of good info on this site and a few other new edge builds to follow going on too.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

Ended up finding just about everything I needed for my interior swap. What a fín transformation.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:51 AM
Launching!

looking good man!
Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 PM
Teching In

how tight is the ls to the vacuum brake booster?
Old 02-18-2019, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...

Excellent work! I got to say that this car is a hell of an inspiration to those of us on a budget. It may not be worth the man-hours vs an engine/turbo swap - but you could start porting a bunch of stuff to free up some flow - you are far from maxed out on that 4.8L. Regardless this a job well done... make the most of that 8.50 cert.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan95gst View Post
looking good man!
thanks Dan

Iím about to do head studs 1x1 in the car so thereís a ok amount of room on the driver sode

Iíll get you a pic tomorrow evening if you would like
Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe View Post
Excellent work! I got to say that this car is a hell of an inspiration to those of us on a budget. It may not be worth the man-hours vs an engine/turbo swap - but you could start porting a bunch of stuff to free up some flow - you are far from maxed out on that 4.8L. Regardless this a job well done... make the most of that 8.50 cert.
well fhank you very much. I like that wagon you have a lot! Iíd love to have a Malibu wagon or other gm version of one.

i had a 7875 ordered from China but they were taking over 2 weeks just to ship out then however many weeks to the USA so I just got a refund. Iím wanting to have this car on the dyno in the next month.

I need/want 650hp. if I knew this gt45 would make that I wouldnít even be considering another turbo . you see some that have hit it and a lot that fall short.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:17 AM
Launching!

on my car with the holley mount plates and solid mounts

Old 02-19-2019, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, there is plenty of room to use the V6 vacuum booster (4.6L GT/Cobra had Hydroboost) with an LS. There's also decent room for the factory clutch cable, for applications where three pedals are preferred.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:09 PM
Teching In

yea my car has hydraboost but im tired of dealing with and looking at the medusa of hydraulic lines that are rquired for it lol
Old 02-20-2019, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...

Originally Posted by RobertD View Post
well fhank you very much. I like that wagon you have a lot! Iíd love to have a Malibu wagon or other gm version of one.

i had a 7875 ordered from China but they were taking over 2 weeks just to ship out then however many weeks to the USA so I just got a refund. Iím wanting to have this car on the dyno in the next month.

I need/want 650hp. if I knew this gt45 would make that I wouldnít even be considering another turbo . you see some that have hit it and a lot that fall short.
Thanks, and my kids love the wagon.

I'd bet that with more displacement (5.3 or 6.0L) and better flowing stock heads (like the L33) the GT45 could take you there - but it becomes a game of diminishing returns working within the GT45's limitations. At least it is so large that fitting a better designed T4 should be child's play - and you know the power potential is there - so I'd fit the turbo before replace the motor.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:15 AM
9 Second Club

So after going back and forth back and forth I just got to stick with the turbo I have and make what it can make. I’ve spent so much money on this car in the last 2 months just gotta know when to take a break.

As the car sits right now I need to:
-wire in my gforce 3 electronic boost controller
-wire in gauges
-wire up transbrake and bump box
-install China head studs
-install anti roll bar

We’ll see what I can bust out this weekend. I’m going to call today or tomorrow to see if I can get a date with the dyno.

I did get my bump steer kit and caster camber plates installed. Needs an alignment bad...
Old 02-22-2019, 07:36 AM
Launching!

So after going back and forth back and forth I just got to stick with the turbo I have and make what it can make. Iíve spent so much money on this car in the last 2 months just gotta know when to take a break.

As the car sits right now I need to:
-wire in my gforce 3 electronic boost controller
-wire in gauges
-wire up transbrake and bump box
-install China head studs
-install anti roll bar

Weíll see what I can bust out this weekend. Iím going to call today or tomorrow to see if I can get a date with the dyno.

I did get my bump steer kit and caster camber plates installed. Needs an alignment bad...
I think pushing that gt45 to the limit is a good idea and also an interesting experiment. I'm curious to see the limits of these things. Did you ever buy hptuners to try your hand at tuning at the track? Could be a pretty useful tool to make use of the 8.5 cage!
Old 02-22-2019, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn where did you find that deal on the wastegates?!
Old 02-22-2019, 10:53 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by panda240ss View Post
damn where did you find that deal on the wastegates?!
found them on a mustang forum. Cool thing was the guy drove a little over an hour to deliver them too me so he could check out my car
Old 02-22-2019, 10:56 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SwapStang View Post
I think pushing that gt45 to the limit is a good idea and also an interesting experiment. I'm curious to see the limits of these things. Did you ever buy hptuners to try your hand at tuning at the track? Could be a pretty useful tool to make use of the 8.5 cage!
haven’t got around to grabbing hp tuners yet.

As as long as I can go mid to high 9s with this turbo I’ll be happy..for now lol. I think it’s doable. I think just getting the anti roll bar on, trans brake hooked up and the 2 step hooked up will cut off a little time too. Add more boost and hopefully to the 9s I go

I got ahold of my tuner yesterday. Told me once I get the car finished to give him a call and he will fit me in. I’ve got all my turbo stuff off right now along with the intake to install my head studs tonight
Old 02-22-2019, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

found them on a mustang forum. Cool thing was the guy drove a little over an hour to deliver them too me so he could check out my car
ugh LUCKY! i wish haha thats a bad *** price! great come up !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 new edge mustang 4.8 lsx turbo swap

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: