Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header fitment question

Hi guys. First off. I want to thank all the people who post in this forum for helping me to get this far in my first LS build and swap. I will get around to putting a build thread on one day when time allows. My question today is , when shopping for headers last year, I was looking at Speed Engineerings website, had the 99-06 page up for the 1 3/4 longtube stainless models. The missus was looking over my shoulder and said "those look nice.". I replied, yes they do. Needless to say. she ordered em for christmas, Was I going to tell her, " No they wont work." ? ummm. Long story short. The engine is going in a 95 RCSB. One. Wll they fit? Two. the pipe angle angle is different between the two sides. Is this normal for these headers? The pictures hopefully will detail my question. We are almost ready to drop in the new motor, Just trying to get the last details for that phase taken care of. Once again, thanks for all the help. Chris
Attached Thumbnails Header fitment question-dscf3584.jpg   Header fitment question-dscf3586.jpg   Header fitment question-dscf3588.jpg  
Old 02-18-2018, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Are the headers made for a '95 Chevy pickup??? If not, they will not fit.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, they were ordered from the 99-06 web page. I just didn’t have the heart to tell her they were wrong and needed to send em back. Was hoping that perhaps with slight modification, I could make em work.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Hopefully they can exchange them for ones that fit, that still look as good as the ones you have.