Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck tac & tb with Vette pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck tac & tb with Vette pedal?

I've been reading through a bunch of old threads and haven't found a for sure answer. I'm using a harness,tb and tac from an '04 truck but was hoping to use a C5 Vette pedal. Has anyone done this? I've been reading two wires need to be switched?
Old 03-17-2018, 02:46 AM
Teching In

yes it can be done my 68 chevelle has a corvette pedal. I forget what wires to cross its been 7 years
Old 03-17-2018, 03:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by guychevelle
yes it can be done my 68 chevelle has a corvette pedal. I forget what wires to cross its been 7 years
C5 pedal with the rest all truck stuff?
happen to have any pics or pn for the pedal used?
Old 03-17-2018, 11:23 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm using a truck TB with a Vette pedal in my swap (although everything in my swap is '08 vintage). I don't have it running quite yet, but before I bought the pedal I spent a bit of time with the parts counter guy at a local dealership who allowed me to look through GM's documentation with him - we found that the harness connector & the pinouts & resistance/voltages are the same between the '08 truck & the '08 Vette pedals.

I would guess that the same is true of other years as well, my thinking is that standardizing on parts between the various lines of vehicles would save GM money by simplifying their ordering & stocking processes as well as simplifying troubleshooting. (I'm not saying that the truck & Vette pedals are the same, just that I believe the electronics that they use are probably the same.)

I seem to recall reading of swaps that were successful using this combination of parts, but I don't recall any off-hand.

For your '04 setup, I'd recommend checking Rock Auto's site & seeing if they list the pedal for an '04 Vette (IIRC, that's where I got my pedal) - that should get you the PN & a price range.

I know that this isn't a definitive answer, but I hope that it's at least a little bit helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Vette pedal

Problem I ran into was using the 03 Trailblazer stuff and a later tune. Took me a month to figure out the correct pedal BUT you may not have a problem. Again, not a definite answer and another moving part, the tune.