Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

k5 blazer sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k5 blazer sending unit

I am putting a 5.3 vortec in a 1991 k5 blazer-since the blazer already had tbi I was going to run a stock sending unit with the ac delco ep381 pump-but I got to looking at it and my stock sending unit has 4 line connections coming off of it- 1 pressure, 1 return, 1 that is the vent that goes to the filler neck and 1 that I believe (its been awhile since I tore it down) goes to the charcoal canister/evap system-I don't plan on running this charcoal canister/evap deal with my swap and I don't like the idea of having an open line there for no reason-is there a 3 port sending unit that will work on a blazer 31 gallon tank? for you guys who have actually done it what have you done with the extra port? or does it actually serve another purpose in a swap? any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,350 Posts

If not needed, cap it off. No danger in that.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:38 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Look at the stock use of the evaporative emissions line in your truck, and in the donor vehicle. Keeping it helps keep vapors and gas smell contained as the fuel system can expand with temp. changes. There is a simplified evap setup used on the ERod kits too. The best part is your truck already has the lines installed to use it.

Quick Reply: k5 blazer sending unit