Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 mustang LS swap w/ 7875 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

hahahaah.....budget is already done for. i had 6500 and that is all gone now and i still have things to buy. i did buy some stuff i cant use now and i need to sell it. but if i did take it apart forged parts wouldnt even be a thought for me. im not wasting the money on that. stock stuff works fine for my goal....which is 550-600. nothing crazy....just something to have fun with.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

thats what i am shooting for too. mid 500s and go run 10s all day until i get bored.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah that sounds about right lol.

not sure if i will ever take this thing to the track or not. i wanted to take my truck but i never did. would have been nice to know how fast it was but now ill never know.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

im setting mine up specifically for track use. since im in houston and an emissions county its near impossible to get this thing technically legal until its 24 years old. thats a long time from now.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well im not far from you. live a little north of Beaumont. by the time i finish this thing it will be 25 years old (its a 94) and then i can get antique plates on it. plus they dont check emissions here in this county
Old 08-17-2018, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle.t91
well im not far from you. live a little north of Beaumont. by the time i finish this thing it will be 25 years old (its a 94) and then i can get antique plates on it. plus they dont check emissions here in this county
I live in mass and as far as a newer car its a nightmare to stay within the emissions specs. I mean were right behind cali as far as that is concerned. However anything over 15 years doesn't need to pass emissions so that's where we get lucky. The car still needs whatever it had originally, cats and what not, but theres some leniency. 500rwhp was what I was shooting for originally, high 10's maybe. It's really addicting though. I wasn't quite there and I lunched my first motor hopefully i'll be there with this next one. Then I just don't know my next step.... I'll get there eventually.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Budget lol. I had one of those once.....

crazy how fast these things get out of control money wise
Old 08-17-2018, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RobertD
Budget lol. I had one of those once.....

crazy how fast these things get out of control money wise
exactly. when i get back from work im going to really try and sell some of the parts i dont need now.

new walbro 450 in tank pump. (new)
upr k member (used)
aje spring peerch mounts (new)
upr ls swap engine mounts (new)
MSD 6AL ignition box (used)
solid SBF engine mounts (used) unsure of brand
SVE full length weld in sub frame connectors -w/ seat brackets (new)

ill post this stuff up for everyone once i get some pics and prices. sucks i jumped the gun and ordered all my parts so far in advanced. its coming back to bite me in the *** now. ill be loosing some money for sure but whats done is done

Old 08-17-2018, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

exactly. when i get back from work im going to really try and sell some of the parts i dont need now.

upr k member (used)

ill post this stuff up for everyone once i get some pics and prices. sucks i jumped the gun and ordered all my parts so far in advanced. its coming back to bite me in the *** now. ill be loosing some money for sure but whats done is done
Why you getting rid of the wally pump? What's in the car right now? and does the car already have frame connectors? Just curious that stuff seems like keeper stuff to me. Especially the pump. The 80 bucks for it can't really be make it or break it and you'll need it if you go e85!
Old 08-17-2018, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its got a fuel cell in it so an in tank pump is pointless. no fuel pump at all on it. ill more then likely get an AEM 380 like i used on my truck. not sure of the subframe connectors in the car but they are identical to these so no need to replace them.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:34 AM
TECH Regular

its got a fuel cell in it so an in tank pump is pointless. no fuel pump at all on it. ill more then likely get an AEM 380 like i used on my truck. not sure of the subframe connectors in the car but they are identical to these so no need to replace them.
Gotcha. Didn't see that it had sfc's and a fuel cell.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

upr k member (used)

let me know what you want shipped on the 450
Old 08-18-2018, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FullOutPwr
let me know what you want shipped on the 450
PM sent.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any recommendations on what to use to clean the rotating assembly with while its still in the block?? warm soapy water then clean water???
Old 08-22-2018, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nobody?????
Old 08-23-2018, 05:42 AM
TECH Regular

any recommendations on what to use to clean the rotating assembly with while its still in the block?? warm soapy water then clean water???
Why are you looking to cleaning it?
Old 08-23-2018, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had to hone the cylinders and i left the crank in while doing so. had the engine upside down on engine stand while doing it. i rinsed it with water but while ive been at work the past week and half its been bugging me that i didnt get it good enough and just wanted to clean it better while its still together. i could be pissing in the wind but ill sleep better at night knowing i at least did a little more. im going to have the engine up right on the engine stand this time that way everything will run down. i know there are better ways to do this then what i am doing but i really wasnt wanting to rebuild the whole bottom end.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I've pressure washed short blocks with all the covers off ten times with purple power but as soon as your done I soaked it down with oil i use a harbor freight oiler hooked up to a air compressor shoot oil all over it
Old 08-23-2018, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
I've pressure washed short blocks with all the covers off ten times with purple power but as soon as your done I soaked it down with oil i use a harbor freight oiler hooked up to a air compressor shoot oil all over it
you got a link for that oiler? after i cleaned this engine after the hone i sprayed oil all over it but it didnt go get all over the bearings like that oiler would. when i put the rod caps on i oiled them good before i tightened them down.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah I'll find it also don't forget u can also do what my friend did. Take a 1/8npt to barb fitting and use an old sbc oil pump. Run the sbc pump with a drill that drawing new oil out of jug and forcing it into the oil galleys in the motor if u have a sbc oil pump to use if not buying a air powered one works good

Quick Reply: 98 mustang LS swap w/ 7875 turbo