Pin Green 18: Clutch Start Switch Signal - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pin Green 18: Clutch Start Switch Signal

Old 08-12-2018, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Default Pin Green 18: Clutch Start Switch Signal

Hello all,

I have a harness from an automatic (2004 avalanche). Pin Green 18 is for the Clutch Start Switch Signal. Since I have an automatic, could I add a wire here and run it into the cab on a simple switch to ground and use it as a hidden kill switch? I assume this circuit works on a simple ground.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 08-13-2018, 12:14 AM
Banned

What do you mean kill switch? They just prevent the starter from running, has nothing to do with the engine running. Or maybe you mean an anti-theft device? I think a fuel pump kill switch would be a much better idea.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Wont do anything if you dont have the starter relay hooked up. I agree with 8lug, put a fuel pump kill switch on it. Starters are easy to bypass, and with a fuel pump kill it will make noise trying to start but wont so hopefully they would give up and leave.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Would there be a way to wire that up where I could run a single wire into the cab and run it to ground so I wouldn't have to run a wire inside the cab, through a switch, and back out?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Vetteman61 View Post
Would there be a way to wire that up where I could run a single wire into the cab and run it to ground so I wouldn't have to run a wire inside the cab, through a switch, and back out?

Thanks,
Brandon
Not sure I understand what you're asking? Are you wanting to put a starter kill on the car? That wire going to the PCM wont keep the car from starting, it just lets the PCM know what's going on. Do you have the factory starter relay wired up with the NSS on the side of the transmission?
Old 08-16-2018, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

I haven't got anything wired up yet. I'd like to wire up a way to flip a hidden switch and keep the car from starting. Whatever way that keeps the engine from starting I haven't really considered, however I'd prefer to just have one wire that runs into the cabin and then grounds somewhere rather than a line that runs inside and then has to run back outside of the cabin again.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: