Notices
Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

75 Dodge Dart Swinger turbo LS1/th400 swap

Old 01-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Brakes have been updated all around. Powerstop rotors, new pads, all new inline tube brake lines, new master cylinder as well. Little color change on the rotors too.

Well im a special kinda dummy. While spending all my time on the middle line and the fronts, I just tossed the rear lines in the back and didn't give em a 2nd thought.....Then I found em an had my dummy moment. So then I threw the two new rear lines on. I have to say this entire inline tube kit fit like a glove. Every bent exactly how it needed to be and I couldn't be happier with their product and fast shipping.
After I got that done I received my 10an T fitting for the oil pan so I can drain both of these things, then I hooked the drain lines back up.
Then I got my 2" mandrel bends sorted out for the wastegate dumps, yes im dumping them rather than recirculating them to the exhaust.

Took em over to my buddy Jeremy at rent a lift and got them welded up. Then I coated and wrapped them and got it all back installed.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Well ive been working a lot on it lately and here are some updates. Getting sooooo close to the finish line.
[COLOR=left=#000000]I got some door trim to outline the cuts to try and clean things up a bit. Here was the aftermath. I think it looks alot better than the raw cut fender. Hopefully it doesnt melt. If it does I'll find something else to use on it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=left=#000000]I got the passenger side one installed completely from turbo to intercooler and then threw the BOV on there as well. The 3 inch pipe from the intercooler up to the intake manifold is attached as well.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=left=#000000]Driver side so far. Waiting on the two couplers that'll be here tomorrow to finish it up.[/COLOR]

and because stickers add HP and to the mopar purists hate..

Last edited by YoungDart75; 01-16-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

and because stickers add HP and to the mopar purists hate..
haha i love it. i love seeing mopar people cringe when they see the pistol grip shifter that i heated and bent to use in my 35 ford rat rod. its supposedly rare from a b-body console car im not sure.
awesome build you got. .
Old 01-17-2019, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jeffs55chevy View Post
haha i love it. i love seeing mopar people cringe when they see the pistol grip shifter that i heated and bent to use in my 35 ford rat rod. its supposedly rare from a b-body console car im not sure.
awesome build you got. .
oh well they will get over it. It's like a cult snd they all drink the coolaid. They want to determine what is and isnt allowed on a whim.

hotrodding is hotrodding
Old 01-21-2019, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Not alot of in progress pictures today unfortunately. Too busy trying to wrap everything up. But I got my couplers in the mail, got my 4 inch tbolt clamp for the intake coupler where it connects to the to the throttle body. Some people use radiator hose clamps but ive grown not to trust the clamping force on those when it comes to boost.

I got the driver side intercooler piping connected and torqued down. Finished connected the new starter wire to the relay and the alternator and main power wire connected to the battery as well.

I still have to pick up two radiator hose clamps, fill the radiator, attach the ground from the battery to chassis in the trunk and connect the 12v key hot to the harness and then finish the vacuum lines for the wastegates, catch cans and blow off valves, then get it tuned.

So not a whole lot left to go. The main reason I wasnt in a rush was I have a 3 way electronic boost controller coming in the mail and wanted that here before I started touring vacuum lines. But cor now here she sits with the catch cans and all back in place. Exhaust dumped for the moment.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Nice and chilly 22 degree day today totalled zero work getting done. But my 3 inch tbolt clamp came in, my led 1157 bulbs came in and Joe from XsPower got me the boost contoller and turbo timer today too. After reading through all the functions k it I'm pretty excited to get it installed snd the car up and running. Has provisions for high and low boost, manual or auto turbo timing, also has optional self features to trigger a nitrous solenoid or intercooler sprayer too. Way too much for me to get used to right away but I'm stoked either way.

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/2702
Old 01-25-2019, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Old 02-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Well I got some goodies today and even got a little bit of work done too. I received my msd cut to length plug wires from summit in the mail. Got them tested, cut to length and built. Should alleviate any issues I have with heat and plug wires.

I also received my fender exit trim from monkey fab garage, a prior army vet who does amazing work. I plan to mount them here and powdercoat them black and use stainless hardware to secure it.

I also got the rear putputshaft seal replaced on the trans, today. Hopefully that stops my leak.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds good, congrats on getting it running. Those air filters look a little small.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Well here we go. Coated and installed. Havent sold myself on the bullhorn idea yet. I'm primarily leaning towards flush or just slightly protruding and angled towards the rear.

What do you guys think?

This is more so what im leaning towards. Maybe stick out about .5" more.

Last edited by YoungDart75; 02-11-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Well I had a little issue with low oil pressure the other day and decided to Investigate. I checked all my external filter lines and didnt find anything so then I dropped the center link and then the oil pan. Turns out the oil pickup tube oring had come unseated when the pickup had struck the pan.
So I pulled the pickup off. Shortened it 3/4" and got the oil pickup girdle from ict billet that uses two bolts to secure the pickup to the oil pump instead of 1 like the factory one does. Now it's back together and torqued back down. Should be pressure testing it tomorrow to make sure everything is good.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:28 AM
Staging Lane

My apologies guys. I haven't kept this up to date as much as i should have. Stand by for data dump of pictures and info.

Got the new fuse box/relay box finished up tonight.
Now i have 5 fuses in there instead of 4 and added the 3rd relay for the fan control. Overall much cleaner install than the craptastic one I made in comparison to it before.

I made my own Gauge panel out of some 1/4" aluminum and got my gauges installed with the GPS Speedo.

I finally got the car dropped off the get the exhaust side completely finished. Shortly after dropping off the torsion bar on the driver side snapped in half so i had to replace those. I went with some PSST 1.03 bars which are a significant improvement over the 40 yr old stock slant 6 ones.

Exhaust work started and new torsion bars installed.

Got my wideband mounted.

Then i got the CF done across the Dash and now i have to continue to take it to the door panels and in the rear.

And one of my new favorite pictures.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Full exhaust got finished up .

Also got my 67 Camaro front splitter attached.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Initial pullout after reinstall(giggity)

Walk around video.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:47 AM
Launching!

I've been following this build on and off over on FABO. I'm actually surprised how well it's been received. I expected more of the Mopar guys to lose their minds! lol
Nice work. Came out great,

Jay
Old 06-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
I've been following this build on and off over on FABO. I'm actually surprised how well it's been received. I expected more of the Mopar guys to lose their minds! lol
Nice work. Came out great,

Jay
It started out that way for sure. But I think once they realized it was happening whether they wanted it to or not, and that I wasn't just throwing some jalopy together they accepted it a little bit more. That or they just figured out their gripes and complaints weren't going to change my path. Either way glad they came around or just got quiet. I've had it out and about a few times and had Mopar purists initially turn their nose up at it, but when they started looking at it and heard it running they changed their tune, and basically said that's a badass car mad great job. I plan on trying to take it up to the Chrysler at Carlisle meet next month, but renting a house far enough away from the main event I don't have to worry about anyone having too many drinks and damaging my car. just as a precaution.

But we've been busy messing with the tune a little bit. She's running pig rich right now because we are running a 2010 corvette ecu and apparently it doesn't like speed density so much. So we plan on messing with some of the fuel injector scaling today to hopefully help. If the weather plays along we plan to make our first official show this weekend.

I got all the brake and turn signal lights working and stuff so she's good to go for street driving now. updates since my last post here are
dekka 60's

2010 corvette ecu

speed density tune
power steering hose flow reducing fitting(kept blowing power steering hoses off)

wired up a relay so that I get proper on/off function for the ignition and starting the car and powering up the ecm properly.

originally my tach wasn't working so I wired up a pullup resistor and ta da it worked. this is a cruise video when it wasn't working.
originally the 26x10x15 slicks didn't fit in the rear very well, they cleared on the fender side but not the leaf springs. So I used a rolling pin and a heat gun and worked them enough to get the slicks to fit in the back with a small spacer.

and a nice little engine bay shot and a pic out of the storage unit isle.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: