Sponsored by:

i need an advice on exhaust pipes for the caprice classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need an advice on exhaust pipes for the caprice classic

hello everybody.

i just finished swapping my 84 caprice classic and im very happy about it but i have one thing that's bothering me, which is the exhaust pipes i couldn't find the size that i want in my country and i wanted to order the pipes from america, but the problem is i don't know which pipes i should get. any advice is appreciated

forgive my bad english
Old 10-16-2018, 04:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Omar
Your english is fine. You don't give enough information about your system and goals, but if it was a straight swap with any LSX motor, then 2.5" diameter should be more than adequate and will keep both a nice tone and reasonably quiet. Unless you are building a mega-motor, you don't need 3" and in no case do you want less. Make sure your system has a crossover pipe, either X or H. I like the Dynomax 17749 for larger cars, that's what I went with in my cutlass but I also had a pair in my 96 Impala (RIP). However these mufflers are relatively quiet at idle and cruise, but still sound nice when you get on it. If you are looking for a louder system, someone else will have to chime in. I don't know if there are any specific kits for your caprice, but hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Goldhawg
Omar
Your english is fine. You don't give enough information about your system and goals, but if it was a straight swap with any LSX motor, then 2.5" diameter should be more than adequate and will keep both a nice tone and reasonably quiet. Unless you are building a mega-motor, you don't need 3" and in no case do you want less. Make sure your system has a crossover pipe, either X or H. I like the Dynomax 17749 for larger cars, that's what I went with in my cutlass but I also had a pair in my 96 Impala (RIP). However these mufflers are relatively quiet at idle and cruise, but still sound nice when you get on it. If you are looking for a louder system, someone else will have to chime in. I don't know if there are any specific kits for your caprice, but hope this helps.
Thank you so much. The car is a daily drive with no plans for modification what so ever. I did the 2.5" but i wasn't very sure about the size, i think I'll keep it as is, but im gonna change the crossover to an X instead of the H because it's kinda sketchy.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by omar_
Thank you so much. The car is a daily drive with no plans for modification what so ever. I did the 2.5" but i wasn't very sure about the size, i think I'll keep it as is, but im gonna change the crossover to an X instead of the H because it's kinda sketchy.
Sketchy? My 23 year-old daughter uses that word a lot.

Your profile says your country of residence in the "US".

Really dude? What's up with the games?

KW

Old 10-18-2018, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KW Baraka
Sketchy? My 23 year-old daughter uses that word a lot.

Your profile says your country of residence in the "US".

Really dude? What's up with the games?

KW
XD the guy who install the exhaust used a smaller pipe to create the H, and i didn't like it that's why it's sketchy to me

i'm from saudi arabia btw i didn't change the settings when i signed up