Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 E40 swap-- Harness and plug questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS2 E40 swap-- Harness and plug questions

About to start on my diy standalstan harness and I have a few sensor plugs that I can't seem to figure out where they go.

I'd like to have all the connections labeled before I open the pcm connectors and start depinning.

First, I have the cam position sensor, and then a plug that is identical to it with a longer lead... which goes where?

Next I have this random plug on top passenger side... possibly AC??

This one...I'm thinking was to the TBSS fuse box?

Last but not least (for now). I have the DBW pedal from the donor car, but the guy snipped the wires. Where do these need to route to? I know it's controlled within the E40, but....

Thank you guys so much for all help in the past and appreciate your time again here! 😊

Last edited by Fst_Byrd; 10-20-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Crank Position Sensor
Originally Posted by Fst_Byrd
First, I have the cam position sensor, and then a plug that is identical to it with a longer lead... which goes where?

Oil Pressure Sensor
Next I have this random plug on top passenger side... possibly AC??

Old 10-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Crank Position Sensor
Oil Pressure Sensor
ive already got the crank position sensor tagged, it's at the back bottom pass side and had heat shield over it, so I know that one is right.

And I already have the oil pressure tagged as well .this plug in question looks identical to oil, but it's at the very front of the engine, by the maf plug, and oil orepress is very back. It would never reach.

Any other ideas?
Old 10-21-2018, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

ive already got the crank position sensor tagged, it's at the back bottom pass side and had heat shield over it, so I know that one is right.

And I already have the oil pressure tagged as well .this plug in question looks identical to oil, but it's at the very front of the engine, by the maf plug, and oil orepress is very back. It would never reach.

Any other ideas?
I would suggest tracing the wires back to the PCM connectors, either visually or if uable visually, using an Ohm meter (checking for continuity).

Once you've identified the pins at the PCM, it should be fairly simple to look up the pin designations and identify the connectors.

EDIT: Here's a thread on a TBSS forum with E40 pinouts.

Last edited by TipsyMcStagger; 10-21-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The smaller one is the a/c pressure sensor. Where was the one that looked like the cam sensor located in the harness. Is one of them the map sensor?
Old 10-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pdsq98gt
The smaller one is the a/c pressure sensor. Where was the one that looked like the cam sensor located in the harness. Is one of them the map sensor?
Thanks for confirming the AC sensor. The one that looks like the cam sensor is run right along side the cam sensor. Bottom driver side ...it just extends out 14" further. Wires are black, dark green, lt green

Old 10-22-2018, 05:30 PM
Launching!

I'm an idiot, I wasn't thinking about this coming from an AWD trailblazer SS. The mystery plug is for the front diff actuator!! So those will be pulled (once confirmed when I'm depinning)

Thanks for the help guys. Any insight on what I need to do to wire in the DBW pedal? Where the F*@& do those wire need to go?!?
Old 10-22-2018, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

...Any insight on what I need to do to wire in the DBW pedal? Where the F*@& do those wire need to go?!?
Lower right corner of the image: Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor = C1 Pins 7,8,22,29, 35 & 41.

Again, all of the pinout info is viewable here.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Lower right corner of the image: Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor = C1 Pins 7,8,22,29, 35 & 41.

Again, all of the pinout info is viewable here.

Thanks Tipsy! I'll put this to good use, very helpful.