Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket K member for my Fox swap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 161 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by booboo37
Most guys use AJE k-member and AJE trans crossmember......now your motor and trans will sit at the right angle......i have used 3.......with f-body oil pan with Speed engineering conversion 1 7/8 long tube headers.....

AJE gives you the option to buy spring perches for the k-member so you can use your stock springs and struts...
During my 3 yr search for my coupe, I lurked in this conversion and hybrids forum. I did notice that a lot of guys use the AJE K member. When you say, "now your motor and trans will sit at the right angle" what do you mean?

I've been doing some research on the Maximum Motorsports K member as well as the Hooker motor mounts to go with that K. Using the Hooker mounts, the engine will sit in the same exact position (offset) as the stock 5.0 when using the MM K or the OEM K. The driveline angles will be the same as OEM as well.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

You can put the engine in that same stock location with the AJE K-member also by using the Hooker Blackheart engine mounting brackets that were developed specifically for that K-member. You can also get 1/2”-drop engine mounting brackets for the AJE K-member in the Hooker Blackheart system of parts.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Toddoky, what is the part number for the AJE K-member Holley mounts?

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:11 AM
TECH Junkie

71221022HKR for the standard height brackets and 71221023HKR for the 1/2” drop brackets. Both of these sets of brackets are for Fox Body cars only and I’m working on the release of similar brackets for the SN95/New Edge cars.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Toddoky
71221022HKR for the standard height brackets and 71221023HKR for the 1/2” drop brackets. Both of these sets of brackets are for Fox Body cars only and I’m working on the release of similar brackets for the SN95/New Edge cars.
The standard brackets will put the engine in the same position and angle as the stock, 5.0. Price wise, the AJE K is very tempting. Decisions, decisions. What am I going to buy??
Old 12-09-2018, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dannyual777
The standard brackets will put the engine in the same position and angle as the stock, 5.0. Price wise, the AJE K is very tempting. Decisions, decisions. What am I going to buy??
Yes indeed, only you can determine which of the different characteristics all these K-members possess will best meet your objective for your completed vehicle. If minimal weight and maximum
component clearances are your top priority, then the AJE and Team Z K-members might get you to where you want to end up. If improved suspension roll-center and bump steer geometry is more important to you I would go with the Maximum Motorsports MMKM-1. If you want to get the eng/trans in with the least amount of effort and for the lowest cost and provide the ability to upgrade the K-member later without needing to buy new headers, the stock K-member will do that if you use the right swap parts (insert Hooker Blackheart plug here).
Old 12-09-2018, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes indeed, only you can determine which of the different characteristics all these K-members possess will best meet your objective for your completed vehicle. If minimal weight and maximum
component clearances are your top priority, then the AJE and Team Z K-members might get you to where you want to end up. If improved suspension roll-center and bump steer geometry is more important to you I would go with the Maximum Motorsports MMKM-1. If you want to get the eng/trans in with the least amount of effort and for the lowest cost and provide the ability to upgrade the K-member later without needing to buy new headers, the stock K-member will do that if you use the right swap parts (insert Hooker Blackheart plug here).
Awesome summary about the K members, Todd. This is what I needed to read!

At the moment, I'm leaning toward the Maximum Motorsports K as well as their other suspension components. I like the idea of the well engineered MM components bettering the ride and handling of the Fox. I drove my '91 GT from brand new to three years ago when I had to pull it off the road due to rust holes around the windshield wiper cowl area allowing water into the cabin when it rained. I'd love to have a better ride than that car had!
Old 12-09-2018, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome!! Didn't know you was working on those mounts for the AJE Kmember, that will help out alot.
Thank you!!!

Stampede.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,350 Posts

I think we owe Toddoky a lot of thanks for not being just a Mon-Fri 9-5 kind of guy! He's here slinging good info on SUNDAYS even! Kudos, my friend.....
Old 12-09-2018, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by G Atsma
I think we owe Toddoky a lot of thanks for not being just a Mon-Fri 9-5 kind of guy! He's here slinging good info on SUNDAYS even! Kudos, my friend.....
I’ll chime in any time i can add information I think is beneficial.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,350 Posts

I’ll chime in any time i can add information I think is beneficial.
Well, just KNOW that it is always appreciated!
Old 12-09-2018, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes it is!!! You have done so much for alot of us, Thank you!!

Stampede.