Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody use Be Cool "Universal Bone Yard" radiators?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody use Be Cool "Universal Bone Yard" radiators?

Just wondering if anyone has used these in applications not commonly supported by aftermarket stuff. (non chevelle, nova, camaro, etc etc)

My stock radiator is pretty small and a downflow. Measures overall 25 3/8" wide and 22.5" high. I already bought a drop-in aluminum replacement but considering trying one of these with an overall width of 28.7" by 19.5" high. Clearly I'd have to come up with a couple of 1.5" spacers at the upper and lower radiator mounts, but seeing as how this is where the tanks would sit on a downflow, it would still fill the opening pretty well. Same with the extra width of the new one, mostly all tank.
Mainly just seeking input on if this is a viable concept or not, and regarding the quality of these radiators. It sure would be nice having the radiator inlet/outlet on the same side (and size) as well, and a partially shrouded dual pass is probably better than a factory fitting downflow.

These units are made in USA and $260 shipped.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a be cool in my 70 Impala no issues at all.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Be cool are very good radiators. Another one I've had excellent luck with is the Champion radiators.