Need a DIY for genV LT4 standalone wire harness - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Conversions & Hybrids LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a DIY for genV LT4 standalone wire harness

Old 12-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Default Need a DIY for genV LT4 standalone wire harness

I'm looking for a resource with info on converting a zo6, or ZL1 genV LT4 harness to standalone operation. Stock harnesses are cheap, and all the vendors want insane money for a harness with the emissions controls wireing included.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zero0 View Post
I'm looking for a resource with info on converting a zo6, or ZL1 genV LT4 harness to standalone operation. Stock harnesses are cheap, and all the vendors want insane money for a harness with the emissions controls wireing included.
Is everyone buying aftermarket standalone engine harnesses for Gen V LT4 and LT1 swaps? I need to rework a oem Zo6 harness to run as a standalone unit with all emissions equipment equipment. I will be reffing this swap in California, and will post it up to help others in California in return for a little help. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want to swap a GEN V LT1 engine in a 2007 C6 Corvette that has a 6L80E automatic transmission?

Is the swap doable with a C7 LT1 engine wiring harness?

Will the factory Speedo, tachometer, fuel gauge, temp gauge and other gauges work with a reworked factory GEN V LT1 wiring harness and PCM?

Thanks for help.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
I want to swap a GEN V LT1 engine in a 2007 C6 Corvette that has a 6L80E automatic transmission?

Is the swap doable with a C7 LT1 engine wiring harness?

Will the factory Speedo, tachometer, fuel gauge, temp gauge and other gauges work with a reworked factory GEN V LT1 wiring harness and PCM?

Thanks for help.
It might be better to start your own thread rather than hijacking this one.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Take a look Swap Time on YouTube. His name is Mitch and his website is https://www.swaptimeusa.com. I have been watching his videos for a while now and seems to have a good handle on the Gen 3,4 and 5 harnesses.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Teching In

By the way, the guy I referenced in the previous post is in located in Las Vegas.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Check with Mitch from Swap Time on YouTube or his website https://www.swaptimeusa.com.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rawracing View Post
Check with Mitch from Swap Time on YouTube or his website https://www.swaptimeusa.com.
Thanks for the info. Going to check it out.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

that guy has a few threads on here. I believe his member is vannatta20
Old 12-28-2018, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367 View Post
that guy has a few threads on here. I believe his member is vannatta20
Thanks. I contacted them through the website they have. Not a DIY guide, but it gets me in contact with someone who seems like they will be cool to work with on this project.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

The modifications to the factory harness are surprisingly not too difficult. You'll want to get one of those generic 7 circuit fuse blocks for all of the key on power circuits. My l83 has been up and running for about a year now after I did it myself, and I'm no pro. I found a 2015 Silverado wiring diagram online and used that to know which wires to splice into.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JacobJ View Post
The modifications to the factory harness are surprisingly not too difficult. You'll want to get one of those generic 7 circuit fuse blocks for all of the key on power circuits. My l83 has been up and running for about a year now after I did it myself, and I'm no pro. I found a 2015 Silverado wiring diagram online and used that to know which wires to splice into.
Thanks for the input. I already ordered a 2017 Zo6 harness, ECM through Swaptime, and paid Swaptime to handle converting it over to stand alone. I will post up results. Probably just start a swap thread here to document the FR-S LT4 swap.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes please report out on the harness, finding solid suppliers of those seems to be hit and miss..
Old 01-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Teching In

This is the oem unit Mitch at http://www.swaptimeusa.com will be converting over to standalone operation.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: