Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro LS3 exhaust manifold users - source for flanges?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Camaro LS3 exhaust manifold users - source for flanges?

I'm getting towards the tail end of gathering parts for a 5.3L swap into a 78 Chevy K20, trying to make sure I have as much as possible ready to go when I begin the swap. I'm planning on using a pair of 2010+ Camaro LS3 exhaust manifolds to complete the swap, except I'm running into one little issue - finding flanges/downpipes that work with these manifolds. I know this is a very popular manifold to use so there has to be a part out there that people have been using to connect to them, but I'm falling short of any answers. Seems to be a lot of Corvette LS3 options but not much on the Camaros. What has everyone been using with their LS3 manifolds?
Old 03-12-2019, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,350 Posts

I would see if muffler shops might have them to repair stock systems. If not they might know where to get them.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Have you checked ebay? I cut my mine off, and will be using V bands.

Stampede.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:53 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check with Ron at Schwartz Performance.

http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52784

**LS3 exhaust manifolds BRAND NEW
We have at least 5 pairs. They are off of LS3 crate engines, and match what comes on the Gen V Camaro's. We also make stainless flanges for these, to connect to your exhaust, for $60/pr.
The following users liked this post:
dannyj661 (03-24-2020)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by G Atsma
I would see if muffler shops might have them to repair stock systems. If not they might know where to get them.
I haven't checked with one yet, but the "local" ones have all seemed to be converting over to wheel/tire shops. Not sure if they even do much custom work anymore.

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
Have you checked ebay? I cut my mine off, and will be using V bands.

Stampede.
I've been looking at all the typical places like Ebay and Summit. Ebay occasionally has bare flanges, but the actual Mfg website will show they are out of stock with them.

Originally Posted by 130fe
Check with Ron at Schwartz Performance.

http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52784

**LS3 exhaust manifolds BRAND NEW
We have at least 5 pairs. They are off of LS3 crate engines, and match what comes on the Gen V Camaro's. We also make stainless flanges for these, to connect to your exhaust, for $60/pr.
That would work fine for what I need, but unfortunately I do not currently have the capability to work with stainless.

I noticed Vetteworks has a pair with a short piece of tubing already welded on...at the tune of $115 for shipping!!! Yeah, right...
Old 03-16-2019, 04:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Last time I used those manifolds, I think I hacked some flanges off of some scrap exhaust pieces that were lying around,a couple of cheapie old school header reducers and 5.3 donuts. Everybody seems to think these parts are made of gold or something for the prices they are asking.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Take a look at Speedway. I made one from scrap metal that I have laying around because I didn't feel like it was worth spending $20 each. After making one, I changed my mind & bought the one for the other side.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Speedway didn't have an LS3 set that I could see. I contacted one of the guys at Holley, apparently the Hooker Cast Manifolds use the Camaro LS3 flange but they don't have plans to sell them separately from the manifolds at this time. They are also SS so I wouldn't have been able to use them at this point anyway.

I ended up biting the bullet and tried to order a set of flanges from eBay. The manufacturers' website says they are out of stock so I'm hoping for the best here. $70 shipped for a set of bare flanges.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

did you try these guys....
https://azcncmanufacturing.com/produ...=EAIaIQobChMI1
Old 03-16-2019, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, those guys are the ones that say they aren't in stock on the website and also listed on Ebay. We'll see if they get shipped or if I get an out of stock notification.