Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dakota digital tach issue.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default dakota digital tach issue.

hoping to get this fixed this without calling Dakota Digital on Tuesday. Installed the HDX gauge clusterwith the DD Bim module in my LS1 powered 67 GTO. everything works except the tach. In setup I first selected 8 cylinders then I watched a youtube video where selecting 4 cylinder might work. It didnt work either. Im willing to try any suggestions people might be aware of to get it working.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 183 Likes on 145 Posts

Hello,

Simple question - is the tach output wire from the LS1 PCM connected to the HDX control box at the tach input? For my LS engine and HDX equipped 70 El Camino, I'm not using any BIM equipment. I use the tach output wire from the PCM to the tach input wire on the HDX control box. Try that and see what happens.

Does the tach needle swing all the way though its arc and back at power up for the DD dash?

I did have to run setup in the HDX control box to make the tach needle more responsive to throttle input. I don't remember for sure but I also think I set the tach for a 5 volt signal out of the PCM. And eight cylinders, of course.

Rick
Old 05-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am using the DD BIM module with my HDX gauges. Make sure you select BUS at the input type of signal from getting it from the OBD2 BIM module in the TACH menu. Have you tried using their smart phone app for programming it? A lot easier to do it from your smart phone than to pushing the buttons.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Dd

the needle does sweep when I turn the key on. Im gonna try the 8 cylinder 5 volt setting.