Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory Bracket Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Accessory Bracket Questions

I bought my LS1 without any accessories or brackets and I need some help. I know Street and Performance sells all types of setups but I'm trying to hold my cost down. I don't have room for the lower alternator or A/C setups. Will any of the 5.3 or 6.0 truck brackets fit the LS1 engine or what other options do I have?
I don't plan on using power steering so I'm just trying get the Alt and A/C going. So far, I have a corvette balancer and tensioner, and I have a F-body balancer and tensioner.
Thanks, Steve
Old 07-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the brackets will fit but I am not sure as to rather or not the balancer pulley is the same.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 55chevy
I bought my LS1 without any accessories or brackets and I need some help. I know Street and Performance sells all types of setups but I'm trying to hold my cost down. I don't have room for the lower alternator or A/C setups. Will any of the 5.3 or 6.0 truck brackets fit the LS1 engine or what other options do I have?
I don't plan on using power steering so I'm just trying get the Alt and A/C going. So far, I have a corvette balancer and tensioner, and I have a F-body balancer and tensioner.
Thanks, Steve
I also, did not have room for the low mounted factory AC compressor(as many hybrid installations don't.). I bought all the accessories that are used on a Corvette LS1, for the drivers side...And the Street & Performance pulleys & Sanden air compressor for a passenger side high installation. Their are quite a few Vette shops in my area, so I paid very little for good used pieces. Saturdays are good days to visit the local Vette shops & talk to people, cause everyone's a bit more layed back. Good used parts usually price out at approximately half of what it sells for new, as a rule. I believe the truck accessories will bolt up, but am not 100% sure. S & P has always been very nice to talk with about particular questions you might have. They definately know what works with what. I always forgot the questions I wanted to ask them, after I dialed their number...So I wrote all the questions down I could think of, ahead of time & tryed to ask them as many as possible. I talked to about six different guys there over time...everyone was very patient & knowledgable. Some of their stuff seems expensive, but if it can't be done a better way, it is money well spent. Hope this helps. Gar
Old 07-16-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running F-body pulley, F-body Katech C5R tensioner, and a custom alternator bracket that mounts high on the driver's side. We posted some drawings a couple of months ago to make this alt bracket. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=alternator

In case anyone's wondering, that's the '04 GTO air intake elbow turned 180* to face the passenger side.

Hope that helps.

-Matt

Edit: My attachments were too large. This should work....
Attached Thumbnails Accessory Bracket Questions-alt_bracket.jpg   Accessory Bracket Questions-alt_bracket2.jpg   Accessory Bracket Questions-front_brackets.jpg  
Old 07-16-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Default Nice Alternator Bracket...

Originally Posted by Scooter70
I'm running F-body pulley, F-body Katech C5R tensioner, and a custom alternator bracket that mounts high on the driver's side. We posted some drawings a couple of months ago to make this alt bracket. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=alternator

In case anyone's wondering, that's the '04 GTO air intake elbow turned 180* to face the passenger side.

Hope that helps.

-Matt

Edit: My attachments were too large. This should work....
Matt...Where does someone get that nice 2004 GTO snorkel? Part number? What size K & N filter? Thanks, Gar
Old 07-16-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
Matt...Where does someone get that nice 2004 GTO snorkel? Part number? What size K & N filter? Thanks, Gar
The GTO elbow is P/N 92108718. It can be had from your favorite dealer although they're probably going to have to order it. It is stocked in the US so it's not like you have to wait for one to be shipped from Austrailia. The filter is P/N RU-4250. Available from Summit. Click the link for dimensions.

-Matt
Old 07-17-2004, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks everyone. I was thinking I could use the vette bracket for the driver's side. I'll post a wtb ad. I may not do a/c for a while so I think I can use a vette tensioner on the pass side.
Matt- thanks for the pictures, I'll probably get the GTO elbow for my air intake.
Steve
Old 07-18-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 55chevy
Thanks everyone. I was thinking I could use the vette bracket for the driver's side. I'll post a wtb ad. I may not do a/c for a while so I think I can use a vette tensioner on the pass side.
Matt- thanks for the pictures, I'll probably get the GTO elbow for my air intake.
Steve
Steve,
I have a Vette tensioner without a pulley that you might be able to use. I ordered it from GM and bolted it on just to find out that it was different than the Camaro one. I used the pulley on the new tensioner that I bought that came without one. Let me know if you're interested in it.

If you use the GTO elbow and flip it over like I did, you have to add about 8-10" of wire to the MAF and IAT sensors so that they reach over to the other side of the motor.
-Matt
Old 07-18-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Matt, sent you a pm on the tensioner. Steve
Old 07-19-2004, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Replied.

Quick Reply: Accessory Bracket Questions