Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness options. OPINIONS PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wiring harness options. OPINIONS PLEASE

Wiring Harness Options . Hi guys I was wondering if I could get a few opinions from yall. I am wanting to redo the wiring for my 6.0/4l80e swap so that I have 1 common harness for the entire truck. As of now I have a stand alone factory harness that I rewired myself and spliced into the old fuse box and wiring harness. But I want to have everything wired into the same fuse box with no splices. Lights, horn, engine, gauges, and everything else out of 1 common fuse box. Should I just get a factory harness/fuse box/ and everything and put it in my truck and plug it to my lights? Is it possible to use painless harnes and modify where the fuses and stuff goes to use it? What should I do? I am just trying to clean up the wiring and make it functional, look good, look close to factory and never have to go back and mess with it. Any help, opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and merry christmas to all.

Remington
Old 12-26-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know if they can help or not because youdidn't realy say what the swap is in, but currentperformance.com does complete custom harnesses kind of like what you are asking for. They make them without splicing harnesses together. Only ones I know of.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring

Originally Posted by Remington H.
Wiring Harness Options . Hi guys I was wondering if I could get a few opinions from yall. I am wanting to redo the wiring for my 6.0/4l80e swap so that I have 1 common harness for the entire truck. As of now I have a stand alone factory harness that I rewired myself and spliced into the old fuse box and wiring harness. But I want to have everything wired into the same fuse box with no splices. Lights, horn, engine, gauges, and everything else out of 1 common fuse box. Should I just get a factory harness/fuse box/ and everything and put it in my truck and plug it to my lights? Is it possible to use painless harnes and modify where the fuses and stuff goes to use it? What should I do? I am just trying to clean up the wiring and make it functional, look good, look close to factory and never have to go back and mess with it. Any help, opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and merry christmas to all.

Remington
I had mine done in fort worth a guy by the name of dennis russell I think he is a retired gm electrical engineer his prices are right and he had good turn around mine and you can talk to him on the phone any time and ask questions. he would be worth a try. I dont have his number right here but if you want I will be happy to get it for you and post it, just let me know.

Quick Reply: Wiring harness options. OPINIONS PLEASE