Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle cable on '69 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle cable on '69 camaro

alright guys, tonight i finally got my motor bolted in and secured in my 69 camaro. the wiring harness is all laid out and plugged in, so now it's time to do the fuel portion. my question is this:

how can i route the accelerator cable to connect it to my '69's pedal. the throttle body spring is on the passenger side, so what do i need to get it over to the other side of the motor and connect it all up?

thanks for the help, guys.

-adam
Old 09-09-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Car looks nice I want another 69 Camaro.. I used a late modle acc. cable and ground down the side that went into the throttle body till it fit. then I made a braket that bolted to my manifold and held the cable. then used the hole in the fire wall from the old cable and built a bracket that would hold the plastic cable sleeve with a set screw. cut off as much of the cable as I needed and fed it up to the pedal. and used a theottle stop for a lawn mower to hold the wire cable. It looks supper clean and seems stock. this saved me a few bucks. I think LOcar sells a kit too. good luck.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Launching!

I used a Lokar cable and S&P bracket for the throttle body, also ran the cable along the pass intake around the back of the motor then through the firewall just left of the brake booster, there should be an existing hole. I drilled it out a bit and then used a 6-cyl gas pedal, and bolted it up and adjusted it. was pretty easy you can see some pics on my site.

Quick Reply: throttle cable on '69 camaro