Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool LS1 powered C3 corvette - photos!

Old 09-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool LS1 powered C3 corvette - photos!

I'm looking for a good photo showing a C3 (or C2,C1 I guess) with an LS1 - I need the photo for my presentation at Mid America's Fun Fest this weekend. I'm happy to credit the builder and photographer too If you've built one, or know someone who has, now is your chance to show it off to 10,000 other vette owners!

Shoot me a link or photo -

Brian
Old 09-13-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's mine in my '63 Grand Sport.

Builders:
Mark Sidelnyk
Andrew McCall

Sponsor:
Speed Inc. www.ls1speed.com

Old 09-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Launching!

wow - very nicely done!
Do you have any wider angle shots, showing a little more of the car (so it is obvious to those who see it, what it is in).
Also - if you'd like to be mentioned, shoot me an email with your name and location.
Thanks again,
Brian
Old 09-13-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mark, Your kit looks pretty freakin awesome... One thing I would like to mention though... I'm not sure if your car is being drivin "spiritedly" or not. But if it is, you might want to look into a different airfilter/intake design. Its a pretty crummy set-up that S&P offers. It looks like you could do a really trick ram air deal with your car!

-Matt
Old 09-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple of links to 1970 convertible.

http://home.comcast.net/~baconjb/pictures.html

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/70lt1/ls1.shtml

I would be happy to take some more pictures if you want.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 70 LS1
Here are a couple of links to 1970 convertible.

http://home.comcast.net/~baconjb/pictures.html

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/70lt1/ls1.shtml

I would be happy to take some more pictures if you want.
awesome - I actually found your car by way of google, so you 'exist' in cyberspace already

thanks for the response!
Old 09-13-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by horsepower
wow - very nicely done!
Do you have any wider angle shots, showing a little more of the car (so it is obvious to those who see it, what it is in).
Also - if you'd like to be mentioned, shoot me an email with your name and location.
Thanks again,
Brian
How's this? I'm in the blue shirt.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Heres a link to my 70 convertable :
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...achmentid=9436
its a little further along now but hard to get a good pic stuck in the garage. 6 liter LQ4
with Borg Warner T-10 4 speed. Stan
Old 09-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Launching!

thanks guys - I'll use them both. Now you're famous
Old 09-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Launching!

are either of you going to Fun Fest?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's my LS1 powered '70.
http://matt.undiagnosed.org/Black70.html
Old 09-14-2005, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up All I can say is...WOW!

Mark, that engine is the most beautiful LS1 I think I have ever seen! I will aspire to duplicate that exact same artful detail. Incredible job! Gar
Old 09-14-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by horsepower
are either of you going to Fun Fest?
Nope. We're going to Bowling Green, KY for the F-body reunion.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
Mark, that engine is the most beautiful LS1 I think I have ever seen! I will aspire to duplicate that exact same artful detail. Incredible job! Gar
Thanks Gar.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The GS drool
Old 09-14-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1_Chevelle,
Mark is way too much of a gentelman to say anything I am sure, but I think your comments on his choice of air filter were not solicted or appreciated.
He has spent many, many months, and a pile of dollars higher that he would admit to arrive at what you see here, and for you to assume that he was not aware of his options, and to point out to him that he used what you view to be an inferior product, is incredibly rude and insensitive. There are many of us who chose to use the S&P setup even though we know that it may not be the best performance option, because it looks good. Sometimes you just have to trade off performance for looks, and visa/versa. You know, it don't matter how fast it runs when it is sitting with the hood open! When we build car that has over $100K in it, we carefully chose every single component, and have made these sort of value decisions, and most of us do not appreciate people knocking our choices of components. It would certianly be a different matter if he was asking for advice, but he was not.
Just my $.02, ignore it if you wish!

Regards, John McGraw
Old 09-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
Here's mine in my '63 Grand Sport.

Builders:
Mark Sidelnyk
Andrew McCall

Sponsor:
Speed Inc. www.ls1speed.com

Looks great! Hey I have some questions on how you worked a few things. How did you paint the intake? Is it aluminum or is it stock? Did you smooth the intake first and if so what method did you use to smooth its surface for paint?

You relocated your coil packs how did you do that? I don't have room behind the engine but I was debating to do the same thing so I can use nice valve covers like yours.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Launchin It!

How's this.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by John McGraw
LS1_Chevelle,
Mark is way too much of a gentelman to say anything I am sure, but I think your comments on his choice of air filter were not solicted or appreciated.
He has spent many, many months, and a pile of dollars higher that he would admit to arrive at what you see here, and for you to assume that he was not aware of his options, and to point out to him that he used what you view to be an inferior product, is incredibly rude and insensitive. There are many of us who chose to use the S&P setup even though we know that it may not be the best performance option, because it looks good. Sometimes you just have to trade off performance for looks, and visa/versa. You know, it don't matter how fast it runs when it is sitting with the hood open! When we build car that has over $100K in it, we carefully chose every single component, and have made these sort of value decisions, and most of us do not appreciate people knocking our choices of components. It would certianly be a different matter if he was asking for advice, but he was not.
Just my $.02, ignore it if you wish!

Regards, John McGraw
John,

I was not intentially trying to "talk down" on the car. I was simply stating that on such an awesome car that had very valuable decisions made on it, that the S&P filter stood out like a sore thumb to me. Maybe its just because I come from a more performance stand point and I'd rather run a part that looks a bit rougher but performs better then a polished billet peice of aluminum. I could probably dig up over a dozen threads in this section alone that relate to the performance of the S&P filter.

Maybe I'm just a dick in some eyes, or maybe its because I can not, scratch that,.... I will not spend the money on a lower performing product then one of lesser value just for show. We obviously have 2 different views on building cars. Kudo's to you guys for building the car to your tastes. But keep in mind, someone is always going to point something out. Its VERY hard to please everyone. I will say, with a different intake design(maybe some razzle dazzle ram air(through the front bumper) I wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

Hopefully no uneasy emotions were felt. Its just an opinion from a fellow car nut thats located in the frozen north!

-Matt
Old 09-17-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1_ Chevelle,

I don't think that people are going to point out their percieved deficencies in your car. While some people do so, it is usually just because the either lack common courtesy, or are convinced that their opinion is the only one that matters.
In addition to conversions, I also do NCRS type restorations on solid axle Corvettes, and it never ceases to amaze me how some people will go to a car show and point out all the "incorrect" things on total strangers cars, without an opinion being asked! Maybe my Momma just rasied me different, but I would never knock a guy's ride, no matter what my personal opinion was. If asked for input on a car whether it is a Hot Rod or a restoration, I would offer whatever insight I could, but I would never offer unsolictied comments. And to top it off, I'll bet that Mark has more than offset any loss that the S&P setup costs him, with internal engine modifications!
Also, for the record, I use The S&P filter as well. Primarily, because the space is so tight on a Corvette, but also because they look good! Once you have built a car that will scare the poop out of most people, looks are about all that is left! I have been building cars for over 35 years, and have gotten to the point in my life where I can afford some of the bling. 20 years from now when you have the expendable income, you will too! In the meantime, just try to be a little less critical. I have learned a lot in the last 35 years of building cars, but of all the things that I have learned, patience and courtesy have been the most valuable. I will now climb down off my soapbox!

Regards, John McGraw

Last edited by John McGraw; 09-17-2005 at 05:15 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cool LS1 powered C3 corvette - photos!