Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a fuel pump wiring question

Old 10-01-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just a fuel pump wiring question

I know it works but I want to know how and why...

So my Tanks Inc. Fuel tank set-up is in my tank. Now the positive and negative wires are inside the tank, How does the tank now blow up when power is going to the pump seeing how these wire connections are submerged in gasoline?

Thanks,

-Matt
Old 10-01-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also going to use the tanks inc setup. I just got the pump setup and have not installed it yet. From your questions, sounds like you expect the tank to blow up. All you have to make sure is that you wires are not going to rub against something, chaf and short out. Also make sure the wires have some sluck that way they don't break. I would like to see some pics of your tank setup if you have any. I have to cut out a portion of my tank and weld in a sunken plate so that the pump assembly does not hit the trunk floor.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default A brief explainantion

For combustion you have to have 3 components present, fuel source, oxygen, and ignition. The fuel pump is sealed, the electrical connections should not touch or touch metal to ground so no spark. The vapor in the gas tank is gas vapor and little oxygen. The gas doen't conduct electricity so it can't ground to the metal tank, and it help keep the pump cool.

If there were arching going on inside of the tank as soon as enough oxygen got into the tank it would explode.

Search this Thread