Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3l Wont start Any Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan72
Hey wait a minute guys, the truck manifolds have a regulator built in to the fuel rails?? no return line?? I have an LQ9 6.0L. I don't need to run a corvette filter/regulator? Will it still work if i put one before the fuel rails anyway??

Sorry for the hijack. thanks for any answers to my questions!!!
yes the truck manifold has a built in regulator. mine also has a return line as well. no need for the corvette stuff.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if you will re read my post above page 1 I bet you can get it running in about 10 minutes. I did same problem. The injectors are stuck
Dave
Old 11-11-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

First just raise the injectors unhook all but one, with somebody cranking the engine tap on the side of the hooked up injector it will spurt fuel after some tapping. I put a towel down under them. unhook this one and go tothe next injector go all the way around till all 8 haf shot fuel.
reinstall the fuel rail and injectors and hook up the wires I bet it will start right up.
this is of course provided you do have pressure and an injector pulse.
Good luck
Dave
Old 11-11-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crainholio
I agree that checking fuel pressure is a good troubleshooting step, but the statement above is incorrect. Confusing the guy with incorrect data while he's troubleshooting is not cool.
yeah i just intentionally hand out wrong information for the fun of it. Like I said above thats what I was told by someone on this forum when my engine didnt start. I was wrong and people corrected me...no big deal
Old 11-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks to all who helped with your suggestions, I got it to start. What a day. I just got my new injectors and cant wait to see how it runs with them. They look a lot better then the pnes that are in it.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by DaleMX
Coil packs upside down? (easy to do and happens quiet often) Does it pop? Have you tried keeping the pedal to the floor while cranking?

im having the same issue. when I go to start it, it pops back through the intake. not sure what it is.

Quick Reply: 5.3l Wont start Any Suggestions