Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT in EGR hole?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IAT in EGR hole?

Ok, you I've got two issues I'm hoping I can solve at once. I got a killer deal on the SLP LS6 intake (the one modified with an EGR hole) but am not going to be running an EGR. I've been trying to find something to fill the hole without looking useless or resulting to epoxy.

I've also got my IAT just dangling there. The ram-air intake I'm going to use barely fit with my TPI and no MAF. It's going to be hard to squeeze the IAT in there. It's looking like I can fit the IAT in the modified EGR adapter. From looking at the service manual, it doesn't appear that having the IAT before or after the MAF is an issue and I doubt the air will warm up significantly in the extra 8" it would have to travel.

Hell, the TPI one was on the bottom of the upper intake so I'm doubting it's going to make much of a difference at all.

Looking for opinions.

Kevin D.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can do it there. Awhile back I remember seeing pics of a similar installation. It will be more prone to heat soak but it'll work.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Teching In

There is a guy on EBAY that sells a billet aluminum plug for the EGR for about $25.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

I would imagine that's for a stock EGR hole. The SLP modified unit has a really nice, really big brass adapter. FWIW, the IAT sensor fit perfectly in it using the stock rubber seal and one of the brass rings that came with the SLP adapter. Don't think I will have a problem with leaks.

Kevin D.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it will become more prone to heat soak, u can use a 13/8 freeze plug from an engine block to plug the hole,just tap it in place with a hammer and a socket worked for me for bout 2 years even with forced ind. no leaks, however this was a 99 manifold from f- body, should work tho

Quick Reply: IAT in EGR hole?