Old 06-17-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very cool swap.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy More Issues

Thinking the radiator was a done deal, I installed it today in preparation for A/C condensor and electric fan installation/fitment. Imagine my surprise when I installed it and found out the lower outlet runs smack into the A/C compressor! Thought I had clearance, but must have miscalculated someplace, see photo. I think I can remove this outlet and install a 90 degree elbow pointed up about 10 o'clock (as viewed from the front). The inner fenders will need additional trimming to clear the A/C compressor, freon lines, and possibly heater hoses. Is there a way to modify the heater hose outlets from straight ends to 90's? Seems like I remember seeing a thermostat housing that was either moveable or pointed differently than the stock units. Anybody else remember that? Making slow but sure progress. All help is appreciated.[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-24-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah.. you should be able to pull the heater outlet out/off and tap them for pipe threads and use some combination of fittings to angle 90 deg or what you need. AN fitting will work too !

Man, what a tight fitting swap you got going, glad I don't have to deal with that space problem like you do.

Good luck.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Lightbulb Clearance issues

Doc's blocks is making me a special fitting for the small A/C line, hope we can get it hookued up then. Also have a 90* fitting for the lower radiator hose, but it will still be very, very close there!!! Need to find a good aluminum welder. We're coming along though. Need to find a place under the dash or front seat for the computer.......
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like youare making decent progress! Here is an idea if it helps, I put my ECU up inside the driver side fender. They are pretty weather resistant and that keeps it close to the motor. I still have to make a defelctor to keep serious road debris away, but so far so good after about 500 miles. You can see how I mouinted mine in my journal linked in my signature

Pat
Old 07-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Wink ECU mounting

Thanks Pat,
I already have some wires and a loom outside the fenders (in the fenderwell) on one side (L) and heater hoses on the other (R). Not much more room to mount stuff and still have room to move the wheel/tire about and not hit anything. Mine has relatively small wheel wells. I'm leaning towrds under the seat, but since I don't have the seats, yet, that I plan to keep, it would be a little premature, probably. Still, nothing is etched in stone.....
Thanks for the input and kind words.

Quick Reply: Starting the Swap