Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd gen swap radio question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3rd gen swap radio question?

Im running the entire 4th gen wiring harness(body/engine). Its from an 00' LS1 T56. I have the dash in also, my question is i cant get my radio to turn on(aftermarket pioneer). It seems to me that the IGN wire isnt getting power when the car is turned to 'on'. Does the IGN wire goto the BCM first? and does the door harness need to be plugged in to the BCM to get the radio to work?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 08-16-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure about your specific application but I do know that in most GM vehicles the RAP (retained accessory power) (I think that is what it stands for) is controlled by the BCM. It keeps the accessory power on to the radio until the door is opened. So I would imagine that the BCM gets the accessory voltage when the car is on and then turns the power on to the radio. If you hook it up this way then you will need to connect the door pins so that it will turn it off when you open the door. Otherwise you will have to wait for the timer to kill the power.

Tim
Old 08-17-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup, like the guy above me just said..
because it keeps the radio on until you open the door (or times out) it goes thru the BCM.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
yup, like the guy above me just said..
because it keeps the radio on until you open the door (or times out) it goes thru the BCM.
Ok thats what i was thinking, but now does this mean i have to have the door wiring harness connected to the BCM(i think there is 2 connectors) for the radio to work? And if i do need the door harness in does any of the connectors need to be connected to sensors or do i just need the 2 plugs going to the BCM connected?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:34 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arent the 4th gen and 3rd gen jamb switches backwards of each other?
open/closed?

Quick Reply: 3rd gen swap radio question?