Sponsored by:

for all you gtech fans

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 12:06 AM
svt
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default for all you gtech fans

The swap is about 95% complete just a few little things to finish and couple things to redo But I was able to run it pretty hard a few times and thought you all would like to see the gtech numbers. The slower graph was from the original 350cu/350TH I had in it and the red graph was from my old 2001 Mustang Cobra I used to have.

So far I love the LS1, it is very quick and its still bone stock except for shorty headers and no emissions. I didn't want to push it much past 100 yet but you can see it handily beats the cobra. The low end torque is awesome its such a blast to drive, way better then the cobra and no wheel hop. The cobra's independant rear was terrible with this which are most irs I guess. I have about the same traction as the corba which is nil on the street, but the 2 and 3 gear punches with the LS1 at 3k are just too much fun . One thing I'm having trouble with is the clutch work and shifting, just need some more practice.

Question, what rpm is it best to shift at? I've been trying 5,500 to 6,000? What rpm does the rev limiter kick in?

btw, I had the Cobra with exhaust and intake on a real dyno and it put down 299rwhp uncorrected, so this LS1 I figure is about the same maybe a tad more, the cobra(vert) was a pig, wieghed something like 3900lbs with me and full tank. I figure the 69 is 3400lbs with me and full tank.

Last edited by svt; 11-18-2006 at 12:14 AM.