Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the Lightest Car Anyone Put a Lsx into?

Old 01-22-2007, 04:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the 1410 lb 914 gets it. thats the lightest ls based car ive ever heard of. there is a mini cooper getting an ls1 on here somewhere...his screen name here is Roadrunner 45. here is the link to his ls based mini cooper... also, Argon Z has a scratch built tube framed car that is pretty light. heres the link to Argon Z's car...

-cam
Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

OKay in all seriousness there was a new 4x4 show on Spike last saturday. This show built an all tubular chasis, bare bones propane powered two seater buggy. It had a 427 and a turbo 500? I think but anyway, the build cost less than 7K and looked so sweet. If you can build something like that, now you are talking! That thing couldn't have weighed more than 1K lbs! Just food for thought!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

yes, the lightest "car" would be a tubular chassis with no body (a sandrail). but then again its not really a car...

fiberglass bucket Ts would be another car that would be extremly light. you have to find out how much of a car you want around you really... i chose to have quite a bit, and didnt have to sacrafice much of anything..
Old 01-22-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sapper_daddy
OKay in all seriousness there was a new 4x4 show on Spike last saturday. This show built an all tubular chasis, bare bones propane powered two seater buggy. It had a 427 and a turbo 500? I think but anyway, the build cost less than 7K and looked so sweet. If you can build something like that, now you are talking! That thing couldn't have weighed more than 1K lbs! Just food for thought!
if you wanted to know it what a 350 bored 40 over ant a th400 trans. It was so cheap to because they got the motor, trans, axles, and a whole bunch of other stuff for free. Just if you wanted to know.

Cop Car, I too agree that it needs a body.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah well I didn't really know the details I was just getting to the chasis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats the Lightest Car Anyone Put a Lsx into?