Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LS1 300ZX

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My LS1 300ZX

This is my LS Z32 with the "old look" that was completed in June last year......

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is the "new look".................

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 06-26-2007, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

Man that is absolutley gorgeous.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Launching!

Very nice. Very unique. If I saw it coming down the road, I wouldn't know what to make of it, except that it's gotta be fast.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not so sure about the hood or the rims....but it does look better then before and that engine....IS the engine bay....cool beans man
Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks awesome! the new look is much more understated.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by staringback05
not so sure about the hood or the rims....
Well, the rims are actually gonna be powdercoated sometime in the future and as for the hood....After I did the swap, I planned on putting the OEM hood back on but the motor wouldnt clear. With the hood thats on the car now, when you latch it down, it actually touches the intake pipe now. I think it is a way better choice of hood, than a cowl.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

For a minute there it appeared to be right hand drive, I was going to offer up even more cool points. Looks good, coat those rims and you'll have a very clean looking 300
Old 06-26-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

deff. the rims would look better powdercoated
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

wheels need to be wider and lower offset. You need coilovers BADLY!!! lose the 4x4 status STAT!

A smoother sideskirt would be nice, it's not like those vents in the back are actually functional, so lose them!

Car has some potential once the "rice boy" parts are ditched/fixed.

here's a car we recently built.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Dude, f this I'm going to check out that shop in July. You make a lot of cool stuff there.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alt
Dude, f this I'm going to check out that shop in July. You make a lot of cool stuff there.

haha, one of my good friends has a crazy mitsu starion lives in hereford, right off of falls road, by lower becklysville road.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=mattmartindrift]wheels need to be wider and lower offset. You need coilovers BADLY!!! lose the 4x4 status STAT!

A smoother sideskirt would be nice, it's not like those vents in the back are actually functional, so lose them!

Car has some potential once the "rice boy" parts are ditched/fixed.

Well, I guess theres always gonna be one cocky a**hole who has to degrade everyone elses projects. First off, I will say that the RB26 Z is beautiful and the swap looks clean, and I am sure it has way more money in it considering it appears to be a "Shop Built Car" . 2nd, Im not sure what you are talking about as far as "rice boy looks" because I dont see in any way where my car has any kind of ricer apearence but once again, opinions are like a**holes and everyone has them. I posted my car on here just to show that it was different, because to me that is what its all about(which explains the ls swap) 3rd, about the wheels, since you seem to be the genius, how much wider should I go than the current 19x11 with 295's in the rear? The fenders were custom flared specifically for the measurements of these wheels. Like I originally said, to me it is about being different!

I expected for some people not to like it and thats fine because everyones opinion is different but its a little different when someone comes on here and bashes your car and rips away at all the hard work and time you put in it to make it how YOU wanted it. Im sure it took a lot of time to build the RBZ too, but the difference is that I built mine in my garage at home from start to end, not in a professional shop.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

don't get me wrong, I like the car for the most part. I was posting my opinion. I'm not pretending to be the end-all voice of car styling, I respect that you may like styling things I don't.

I define rice as fake function. Vinyl carbon fiber, side skirts with vents leading to nothing, fake hood vents, etc. etc.

Like I said, I think with smooth side skirts and even just lower the car would look boss. The rolled fenders + fender gap looks odd to me. That could just be because i'm used to having 5mm between the top/side of my tire to my fender.

P.S. that is not a shop-funded car. It is a private owner.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:47 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattmartindrift
don't get me wrong, I like the car for the most part. I was posting my opinion. I'm not pretending to be the end-all voice of car styling, I respect that you may like styling things I don't.

I define rice as fake function. Vinyl carbon fiber, side skirts with vents leading to nothing, fake hood vents, etc. etc.

Like I said, I think with smooth side skirts and even just lower the car would look boss. The rolled fenders + fender gap looks odd to me. That could just be because i'm used to having 5mm between the top/side of my tire to my fender.

P.S. that is not a shop-funded car. It is a private owner.
I don't think you can talk **** about ricer styling. You're car has / had luminescent light blue stars all over it. What function do you're stars serve?

I don't particuarly like his car's styling, but I'm not going to rip on it either.

PS: This picture is hilarious. Your passenger looks so happy about riding with you.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Word, everyone needs to calm down. No need to get offended. Normally I would chime in on a Z32 swap but there isn't much to say. The swap looks clean, but the body could use some work. Both the old and new paints are nice but all of the body mods are a little overdone; stock body and Jspec tails are good enough for me. Overall, good swap.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both those Zs are lovely!!! Don't worry Lowdedz, everybody seems to hate the body kit I am gonna put on my V8 300ZX.......
Old 06-27-2007, 03:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

that looks like it has a lot more room to work on compares to the stock VG.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:26 AM
TECH Resident

i used to have a 96Z NA.. had it for a month, man that was a nice car, cant imagine it with an LS1, that must be fun to drive
Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I don't think you can talk **** about ricer styling. You're car has / had luminescent light blue stars all over it. What function do you're stars serve?

Well, considering my car is only driven on the track. They serves the purpose of getting the camera's and sponsors' attention; it does this extremely well.

that and I have a thing for rainbow luminescence. I'd do the whole car in it if I could!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg

I don't particuarly like his car's styling, but I'm not going to rip on it either.

PS: This picture is hilarious. Your passenger looks so happy about riding with you.

Yeah he does look really thrilled huh?!?!? He is actually passed out from the 2 1/2 hour trip back from the beach in the heat! You guys want to talk about something I need to fix on my car, well that would be it- get A.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: My LS1 300ZX