Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guages...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guages...

I am at a point with my LS6 Supra swap that I need to get some guages working. What is everyone doing as far as guages go? Any luck adapting any factory guages to the tach and speedo signals of the PCM?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

DakotaDigital makes all the conversion boxes you would need to make your factory stuff work.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS240sx
DakotaDigital makes all the conversion boxes you would need to make your factory stuff work.
+1

or if you're lazy and cheap (like me) go here - http://www.scangauge.com/

i use this for speedo and temp gauge. It does 12 other functions too (only 4 viewable at once)
Old 10-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Not sure what year Supra you are working on, but with my 82 Supra I used all stock gauges. Tach required an MSD conversion box to convert the square wave from the LS1 PCM tach signal and you have change the PCM output to work like a 6cyl. For oil pressure I adapted the original sender to the pressure port on the back of the LS1. For water temp I used the Toyota sender and turned it down and rethreaded it to fit in the rear of the passenger head. The mechanical speedo is driven by a Cable-X box tucked up under the dash right behind the speedo head. Cable is only 4 inches long! Signal comes from the 4000ppm output of the PCM. Looks stock. Cost about $400 for everything with most all being the Cable-X.

Keith

Quick Reply: Guages...