Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAGNUS OR ANYONE HELP! WIRING QUESTION PLEASE READ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAGNUS OR ANYONE HELP! WIRING QUESTION PLEASE READ!!!

I NEED SERIOUS HELP
I CONVERTED 01 V6 FIREBIRD TO LS1, USED 01 LS1 ENGINE HARNESS AND PCM,CAR RAN ROUGH BUT THOUGHT IT WAS CAUSE I OMITTED SOME EMISSIONS AND INJECTOR SIZE WAS DIFFERENT, LS1SPEED REPROGRAMMED PCM AND STILL RUNS ROUGHT, I HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE PASSENGER SIDE IGINITION COILS ARE NOT GETTING POWER, USED TIMING LIGHT TO CHECK IF A PLUG WIRE MAY NOT BE ON ALL THE WAY AND NO FIRE FROM ANY OF PASSENGER SIDE, SO I CHECKED FOR VOLTAGE AT PIN GOING INTO COIL TERMINAL AND IT IS NOT GETTING POWER, I CONSULTED THE HAYNES MANUAL AND FOUND THAT THE UNDERHOOD FUSE BOX HAS 2 FUSES MARKED INJ1 AND INJ2 IT SAYS THAT ONE FOR V6CONTROLS ALL V6 COILS BUT V8 ONE IS FOR DRIVERS SIDE AND ONE IS FOR PASSENGER SIDE, SINCE I HAD V6 THE ONE NOT USED FOR V6 DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A WIRE COMING OUT OF IT AT THIS LOCATION..
--
I NEED SOLUTIONS TO GET POWER TO PASSENGER SIDE, I ASSUME THE WIRES FROM UNDERHOOD FUSES GO INTO FIREWALL UNDER DASH OVER TO BCM THEN FROM BCM TO PCM FROM THE TO CONNECTORS, HOW CAN I RUN THE WIRE TO GET POWER TO PCM FOR THIS CONNECTOR, OR IS THERE ANY UNUSED POWER PINS ON PCM THAT I COULD RUN THE PASSENGER SIDE PINK WIRE TO THE PCM IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION, PLEASE HELP, I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO CHANGE UNDERHOOD WIRING HARNESS IF POSSIBLE...
THANK YOU
BEN
---
sr71knight@mail.com
Old 06-26-2003, 09:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Re: MAGNUS OR ANYONE HELP! WIRING QUESTION PLEASE READ!!!

Wow, my very first paging post on ls1tech.com.. I'm excited!!!

I remember telling you about this problem in one of your previous posts, perhaps you missed it. There are 2 wires that differ even with the new v6 to new LS1 swaps..

Pin B on the grey connector (C101 Plug) is:
Hot in Run and Start (IGN/INJ Bank 2 15A) <-- pass side

Now, you have to tap an existing power wire... so you have these to choose from:

C100 Plug
A PNK Hot in Run and Start (IGN/INJ Bank 1 15A)
G PNK Hot with IGN 1 Relay Engaged (Tranny/EGR 15A)

C105 Plug
B PNK Hot with IGN 1 Relay Engaged (TCC Stop Lamp Switch/MAF/O2 20A)

Basically, you pull the pink wire from pin B out.. (remove the retaining clip first).. and pull it with some force.. NOTE, you will see a pink wire on the LS1 side, but you won't see a pink wire on the V6 underhood harness side... which is why its not getting power.. Then you will have to splice it with a pre-existing wire I mentioned above. I chose C100 pin G cause I do not have EGR so I figured the load wouldn't be as bad on that circuit.

Does this help?
Old 06-26-2003, 10:42 AM
Teching In

i am so sorry for doubting you when you said some accesories would not work i thought that meant like radio and ac or something like that.
--
anyway i am looking at harness and i do not see anything labeled c100 or c105, on mine there is a red connector and a blue connector going into pcm and on the harness connecter they are numbered not lettered.
--
i dont want to get it wrong-so would it be pin 2 on which ever harness connector has pink wire in this possition then splice it with pin 7 on other harness connector???
--
thank you- set me straight
ben
Old 06-26-2003, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

The C100 and C105 plugs are not physically labeled. Just in the schematics. They are on the right front wheel house. There are 3 connectors in very close proximity to each other along with a single purple wire connector. One of those is the C105 and another is C100 and the last I think is C101. These connect the PCM to the Fuse boxes.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Teching In

how does the grey connectors come off the harness connector just pinch the sides or does the center bolt have to come out, please give as much detail as possible, looking off your harness the front connector is red the rear connector is blue.

or give me a call at 573-264-1244 and walk me through it
thanks
ben
Old 06-26-2003, 11:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ben, you're looking at the PCM/computer, not the harness connectors..

Leave that big box alone and follow the wires up along the fender toward the front of the car.. See the 3 plugs there? 2 are black, 1 is grey.. and then there is a small pin type connector as well...

Well you need to take that pink wire from the grey connector on pin B.. and yank it out after you remove a little retaining clip that sits in there.. you have to push the sides of the retaining clip to pull it out. Then you need to tap that pink wire in with another pink wire as I mentioned above..

You know, this is semi-electrical.. have any local friends into electronics that would be able to help you tube splice some wires together? I wouldn't want to see you splice the wrong wires together and have some electrical problems.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Teching In

okay i am learning, i do not want to mess with pcm wiring but rather the wiring on the wheel well, there are 3 connectors closest is single purple wire then orange connecter with ped 17 then a grey connector with blue base labeled ped 6 then grey connector with orange base labeled ped 4, all three in the b connector have pink wires but only one has pink wire in g position.
---
correct me if i am wrong i want to pull pin b from the farthest back connector it is orange cap grey male connector and white female connector, and i want to splice it with pin g in the front most connector that has orange cap and black male and female connector.
--
is this correct
Old 06-26-2003, 11:38 AM
Teching In

i think i have it now, thank you very much
i will let you know how it works out.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Teching In

WOW WOW WOW
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

WIRES SPLICED CHECKED CONNECTOR FOR POWER HAS IT ALL PLUGS FIRING, STARTED UP AND IT SMOKED A BIT AROUND PASS EXHAUST MANIFOLD I GUESS FROM GAS BUILD UP ON PASS SIDE FROM RUNNING IT A LITTLE ON 4 CYL. LET IT RUN A LITTLE SHUT OFF AND REPEATED TIL IT QUIT SMOKING, NO SERVIE ENGINE LIGHT, JUST SERVICE VECHILE SINCE AIR BAG DISABLED, BACKED IT UP GAVE IT A LITTLE GAS, MAYBE A LITTLE TO MUCH GOING TO HAVE TO ADJUST TO THE POWER DIFFERNCE FROM V6, RUNS LIKE A SCALDED DOG , NOW TO ADJUST EXHAUST, FIX BRAKE LEAK,PUT UNDER DASH INTERIOR BACK TOGETHER, WASH AND WAX IT, IT NEEDS IT BAD..
---
AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS HELPED ALONG THE WAY..
Old 06-26-2003, 12:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You should see 2 black connectors, not sure what color their caps are.. but yea, pull the pin B wire wich is pink from the grey/white connector and splice it GOOOD and tight with the pink pin G wire.

I used a tube splice. I yanked pin B out, cut off the end, and cut off the rubber shield. Then I just cut the pin G wire a few inches back from the actual plug.. cut it right in half, and pulled rubber off of each end.. then I used a tube splice.. 2 wires go in one end, 1 wire goes in the other end, and crimp HARD!!
Old 06-26-2003, 12:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Awesome!
Old 06-28-2003, 02:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What all is involved in swapping a ls1 into a 99+ v6 fbody? I have a totalled (front) TA to work with. I have ls1edit. This may be the thing to put my 5000 mile turbo ls1/t-56 in
Old 06-29-2003, 12:06 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget to drill some holes in the gas tank.

Quick Reply: MAGNUS OR ANYONE HELP! WIRING QUESTION PLEASE READ!!!